• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning off vibrate?

trajikka

Mar 31, 2012
I've read through a lot of threads here and can't figure out why I can't disable vibrate in 2.3.4. Do some functions just always vibrate even if you have 'Settings' > 'Sound' > 'Vibrate' set to 'Never'?

Nothing seems to have stopped vibrating for me. It vibrates when I long press just about everything. Is that right? I'd much prefer to have an audio alert, but don't see any setting for that. Doesn't vibrating all the time suck a lot of battery power?

Thanks for any feedback.

GT-S5830L
Android 2.3.4
Baseband S5830LUBKP7
Kernal 2.6.35.7-perf-CL366939
se.infra@SEI-27 #1
Build# GINGERBREAD.UBKP7

Anyway, when there should be an audio signal instead there wouldn't be much difference in battery power. Besides, the vibrating signal when longpressing doesn't last long, it's just a second.
This has stuck in my head... and just did a search on 'power consumption cell phone vibrate' and came up with a page titled 7 Ways To Boost Your Cell Phone Battery Life that says:

"Your phone

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones