• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning on 4G Makes my EVO Sluggish...

Se7en2

Lurker
May 13, 2010
My apologies if this has already been discussed in a previous thread, but I tried to search and didn't see it mentioned...

It seems here lately that whenever I turn on my 4G radio (I'm in a 4G area), my phone becomes very sluggish. Browsing and pinch-to-zoom using the Dolphin Browser becomes stuttered, swiping between home screens is delayed, pretty much anything I do is slower. I've killed all apps, but still get the same results. Once I turn the 4G off, the phone works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. It seems to be counter-productive to have a faster data speed when it makes your phone slower, basically canceling each other out.

Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

Sound like a problem cuz I'm in LA and no 4g yet (ok I'm am right now cuz I found a tower that is testing.10.55 download speed!) Mine does the same and I called sprint about it a month ago and they said till wait to see if it does it when 4g is live. Mine does it once in a while. I just reboot the phone then it acts normal. My bro in law got his about 3 weeks after i did and he has the same issue. Is complain to sprint so they can track this. Maybe the 4g radio needs to be tweaked?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones