1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Turning screen on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alowen, Jul 3, 2010.

1. alowen

alowen Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Hi all, i took delivery of my htc desire yesterday and so far so good. I had a hero previousley and loved that too.

My question is: is it only the power button on top of the phone that activates the screen from sleep mode?

Also, how do i get the weather widget location to update to my current location as i move around the county/country?

Thanks in advance

Al

Advertisement

2. solo170

solo170 Active Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Sydney
    far as i know yes thats the only way to unlock the phone from sleep.

To answer your second question: Go to settings/ Accounts& Sync- and Under Manage accounts go into "Weather"/ Account settings/Update schedule/..
    This will allow you to update your weather every hour

Hope that helps

3. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Yes the power button is the only button that will wake your phone from sleep mode.

If you go into Settings > Location > and click Use wireless networks your weather widget should change location when you travel around,although in my experience it does not work every where.

4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    I normally leave GPS on. If i've travelled somewhere, i just go to the weather widget and within a few seconds it will update to the current location.

5. lekky

lekky Lover

It will still find your location without having to keep gps on tho (although I do keep it on), it will use your network if no gps is available.

Tags: