• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Turning the screen off while using the phone

sr1982

Oct 4, 2009
I found a few threads about this in the European HTC Hero section. I also saw someone posted the question in Sprint's thread, however I can't find it through the search function. Does anyone know of an app or any way to turn the screen off while making a call. I know it automatically times out and turns the screen off, but I have hit the end call button too many times now. Hopefully there is a fix out or in the works for this.

I found a few threads about this in the European HTC Hero section. I also saw someone posted the question in Sprint's thread, however I can't find it through the search function. Does anyone know of an app or any way to turn the screen off while making a call. I know it automatically times out and turns the screen off, but I have hit the end call button too many times now. Hopefully there is a fix out or in the works for this.
Yes that is a problem. I would like to the answer to that question aswell.

Upvote 0
The screen turns off yes, but the touchscreen does not and if you're not careful you can end the call by hitting the big red end button at the bottom.

The Hero does not have a proximity detector from what I've read. This is one of the bigger flaws with the phone I've come across myself. I'm hoping someone make an app to actually lock the screen while on an active call.

Upvote 0
The screen turns off yet, but the touchscreen does not and if you're not careful you can end the call by hitting the big red end button at the bottom.

The Hero does not have a proximity detector from what I've read. This is one of the bigger flaws with the phone I've come across myself. I'm hoping someone make an app to actually lock the screen while on an active call.
Correct. No proximity sensor on the phone.
I have yet to hang up on someone yet, but thats probably cause I usually have my headset on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones