1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Turns off while charging overnight. Battery reinsertion needed before it restarts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BGoode, Dec 3, 2013.

1. BGoode

BGoode Lurker

In the last 2 weeks I've had 3 occurrences of my S3 turning off overnight. It was plugged into a charger, and when I restarted it (which I can only do by reinserting the battery) it showed 100% charged.

I've not changed my charging habits since I bought the phone 12 months ago; this is a new problem. Going back over what's changed recently, I've installed a few harmless-looking apps, updated any apps that requested it, and 2 months ago I moved from the Vodafone UK network to 3 UK, which required a factory reset.

Having missed work yet again today due to the alarm failing, I've spent some time removing recent apps. But even if I use a backup alarm I still have the problem that if the phone turns off overnight I risk missing important calls and texts, so I'd like to find a fix.

I'm new to this forum, and came to this site after a google serach found a similar problem being reported on the Galaxy S4 forum. Has this been reported on the S3's, and did anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews