1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[TUT] How to force install apps to SD card without ROOT!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by praky, Jun 23, 2011.

1. speccyboo

speccyboo Lurker

got a little further than before, downloaded samsung drivers which possibly helped. phone connected, in debugging mode etc, running command prompt, found platform tools, but when i put in adb devices it says " 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. "
    help?? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Treadstone23

Treadstone23 Lurker

You can use the search in windows and type adb.exe in all files search. once you find the file listed, rightclick on the file and click "open containing folder". once the folder opens, copy the file path, paste it in the command prompt and then enter adb devices and adb shell. you are getting this error, because adb is not in the same folder which you are trying to access.

3. Djshep

Djshep Lurker

I have a Samsung Galaxy W I8150 which has 'phone memory' 'USB memory' & 'external SD.' It treats the 'USB memory' as external and installs to that even though it's built in, is there any way I can get it to install to my actual external SD card?

Thanks!

4. Treadstone23

Treadstone23 Lurker

Dear Members, I need a help. I'm planning to exchange my Ace for xperia Miro. I want to do a factory reset on the ace, which I have rooted using the help from this forum. Now please tell, me, If Have to unroot my ace, before doing a factory reset, or can I just do a factory reset and sell it. Thank you.

5. maheshpandav

maheshpandav Lurker

When I am trying this it says "The Syntax of this command is incorrect".

6. cherryaa

cherryaa Lurker

Joined specially to thank you for this OP!

Now to see if there's any way to fix the flaky connectivity on my Galaxy Ace (it can't blame a full memory now!)

7. speccyboo

speccyboo Lurker

ok thanks i did what you said and apparently there is no file on my computer called adb.exe... guess i'd better start again... getting so irritated with this sodding phone! grrr!!

8. rishabahuja

rishabahuja Lurker

as per your instructions, I downlosded and installed SDK. when i started the command prompt, i enter the text as instructed by you. but an error is coming .
    it shows - android is not recognised as internal or external command, operable program or batch file..
    The exact path of installing it on my laptop is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
    and when i type this path in command prompt after ">", it shows error. i also typed cd after ">"
    if i type "cd C:\Program Files" then it shows normal next para. if i type "cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools, it shows error

Please help. what should i do now

9. Phunnik

Phunnik Lurker

I went through those steps,i hope i don everything right, but i'm stucked.
    When i'm in command prompt and i type in "cd C:\android\platform" (that's where i installed it. without the "" of course.) nothing pops out. Then I write in "adb devices" and error shows. It says :

*daemon not running, starting it now on port 5037*
    ADB server didn't ACK
    *failed to start daemon*
    error: cannot connect to daemon

I tried everything multiple times, restarted PC, put USB out and back in, re-do all steps, tried to look for it on google, tried to turn of antivirus, Kies, Firewall, everything.

Please someone help me, I'm trying to work this for 2 days, still some kind of error i get. I'm a step away from crying.

btw. Got Samsung Ace GT-S5830i , Android version 2.3.6

10. ecbu

ecbu Lurker

when typing these:

"cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools"
    "adb devices"
    "adb shell"
    "pm setInstallLocation 2"

into command prompt, what do I put between the lines??
    Is it cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\adb devices
    or cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb devices
    or cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools adb devices

thanks in advance :D :D

11. pragnesh25

pragnesh25 Lurker

i am having Samsung Galaxy S Duos 7562 handset, after i did every steps to install applications on external memory card successfully & reboot handset,i got insufficient memory problem.Kidly help me

12. henry_blackie

henry_blackie Lurker

Please can someone help, everything has gone correctly until I have to enter:

"adb shell"

everytime I get "error: device not found" despite the fact that:

"adb devices"

works correctly.

How can I fix this?

13. julie_152

julie_152 Lurker

Hi

I have just stumbled across this thread whilst looking for ways to force install apps to sd card without rooting,I get so far in the process, but then I can't get beyond the "adb" request.I keep getting an error saying doesn't recognise the prompt.I have tried every way of carrying out this process with no positive outcome.I have accessed the sdk manager, and installed "usb driver version 7", however cannot find version 5 in the remaining list, have I got the wrong "Android sdk" installer?

I really need to free up space on my internal memory, and this is starting to frustrate me,as I am following everything by the letter.....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have a HTC Desire

14. bsquirrell

bsquirrell Member

I have read and re read all this thread, the memory on my phone is full, I must be doing something extremely stupid as no matter what I do I get the message in command prompt cannot find the specified device or path. Can anyone help this idiot ( ME)

15. maller

maller Lurker

Hello.
    I would just like to warn other people like me that want to try this that the solution mentioned here damaged my phone.
    I followed the directions exactly and when i opened it, it kept restarting staying at the logo screen.
    I had to return it to the shop and they installed the rom again [everything was gone, i had to restore my backup].
    So, if you have Samsung Galaxy Ace, think hard before trying this. That`s my opinion.

16. light touch

light touch Newbie

Please tell me what is the benefit of installing an App to SD Card.
    thanks,

macarena estefan likes this.
  17. wigfield

wigfield Android Enthusiast

Was looking at my daughters ace just to see what size micro card came with the Ace think its a 2GB,I see all of her apps is on the SD card not one is on the phone memory,Could the later made ones have this allready done?

18. TAZEREXTREME

TAZEREXTREME Lurker

Thanks but what if you dont have a pc?

19. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Then either get a pc or root the phone, you don't need a pc to root a device.

20. ljtourle

ljtourle Lurker

i have followed the instruction up to the point you say to run a prompt command in administration
    i have no idea where or what this is i am using a mac
    i know its a very old post but you never know whos still reading :)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews