• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUT]How to root Micromax A50

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
<--Rooting Micromax A50-->
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

By Ashik.A aka RaptorX88

This tutorial will tell you how to root your Micromax A50.

So lets get started!
[/]Make sure you are not low on battery.
[/]Make sure your device is completely switched off.
[/]Take off your battery and put it back on,BUT DO NOT TURN ON THE DEVICE.
battery_full_icon.jpg

FIRST STEP :
Download the files
Here's the link for the full Root package for Micromax A50 :-
--------------------
a50_ROOT.rar
--------------------
__________________________________________________________________________________________

STEP 2 :
Setting Up Things
Extract all the files from the rar package above.After extracting it should look like this :
b68os2.png

Now extract files from "mt65x3-usb-vcom-drivers.rar" and open InstallDriver.exe,It will install the drivers needed for the Flashing Process.(Open installdrv64.exe if you have a 64-bit system)

Now open "SP Flash Tool v2.1134.00.7z" and extract the contents to a new folder.
This is the software that you will use for the flashing process.

Now you need to install UnLock Root.This is the software that will root your Device.Open "unlockroot23.exe" and install it.

MT6573_Android_scatter is needed for starting the flashing process.

usb_driver.zip will stay there for now,But you will need it later.This zip file contains the ADB Drivers that is required for the rooting process.

orginal a50 boot.img folder contains the stock boot.img file of A50.So if anything goes wrong and your phone is not booting up,You can flash this file,and it'll be back to normal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

STEP 3:
Flashing Insecure boot.img
After you've done setting up things,it's time for flashing!
Open SP Flash Tool (Flash_tool.exe),
And Select File>Open Scatter loading file and select MT6573_Android_scatter.txt.And Uncheck everything on the list for now.
15g9khz.png

Ignore any errors that will pop up like these :
a2rq7r.png

9iyexv.png

Single click on BOOTIMG and select the boot.img provided in the package.

Take out the battery, put it back and without turning on the device Connect it to your PC with the USB cable without pressing any button on the phone. Now windows should find the drivers and install it. After drivers are installed, unplug the cable from your phone. Take out the battery from the phone and put it back again. Do not switch on.

After you've done that,Hit F9 or Click on the "Download" button.
2upeo9g.png

Then under
15 seconds,connect your device to the PC.You will see a yellow progress bar,When it reaches 100% a pop up window will appear saying BOOTIMG downloaded.
Now that you've successfully flashed the boot.img,Unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back and start the phone normally as you do. Let it fully boot.

STEP 4:
Rooting Process

Now your device is ready to root! In your device Do the following
Go to settings->Applications->Check unknown sources.
Go to settings->Applications->Development->Check USB Debugging.
20g00gl.png

Now you need to install ADB Drivers,First Extract 'usb_driver.zip'.To install ADB Drivers,Plug in your device to your PC,without turning it off,And do not mount SD Card.When you plug in,Windows will try to find drivers for "MICROMAX A50" and will simply fail.Don't Freak Out,Now go to Device Manager From Start Menu,Right click on 'Micromax A50' and click 'Update Driver Software'.On the new window, click 'Browse my computer for driver software', then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.Click 'Have Disk'. On the new Pop-up window, click 'Browse'And select 'android_winusb.inf' from the folder you extracted from 'usb_driver.zip'.Now,From the list,Select Android ADB Interface and click next,A Warning will pop up saying "Would you like to install this device driver software. Click Install.And the drivers will be installed.Thanks to kankfraud for providing drivers.

Open unlock root on your PC and click on ROOT!The program will root your device.When finished,it will ask you to restart your phone. So switch it off and switch it on again.

Now go through your Appdrawyer,You should find an application called Superuser.If you do,Then your device has been rooted!:D

This rooting method has been tested by kankfraud and me.I'm not responsible if something happens to your device.

Last edited:
i have brought this phone 1weak back and heaving a great problem some of the apps are using excessive ram and i have tried many task killing apps but they doesn't work can it be fixed by any method or i have to buy a new phone
I am using Advanced Task Kill Pro with excellent battery save benefits. What you need is an auto kill function that is within this above mentioned app.
In fact this was the very first app along with an app Screen Off that I installed on my phone.

You have to go in the app settings and create an ignore list for default android modules like for contacts and bluetooth etc. Rest all apps will be killed at the Screen Off event. Thereby reducing RAM and CPU and Display load very frequently. Also there is a setting to choose the Auto Kill level and frequency. There is also a security level wherein on setting low, it will kill almost all processes or apps except the bare minimum os modules to keep the phone running.

Upvote 0
what are advantage of rooting the android phone?
+++++=====================================================

<--rooting micromax a50-->

this tutorial will tell you how to root your micromax a50.all the credits goes to varun chitre for making the boot.img insecure.

so lets get started!
[/]make sure you are not low on battery.
[/]make sure your device is completely switched off.
[/]take off your battery and put it back on,but do not turn on the device.
battery_full_icon.jpg

first step :
download the files
here's the link for the full root package for micromax a50 :-
--------------------
a50_root.rar

mirror :-
The Internet vs. Hollywood
--------------------

step 2 :
setting up things
extract all the files from the rar package above.after extracting it should look like this :
b68os2.png

now extract files from "mt65x3-usb-vcom-drivers.rar" and open installdriver.exe,it will install the drivers needed for the flashing process.(open installdrv64.exe if you have a 64-bit system)

now open "sp flash tool v2.1134.00.7z" and extract the contents to a new folder.
This is the software that you will use for the flashing process.

Now you need to install unlock root.this is the software that will root your device.open "unlockroot23.exe" and install it.

Mt6573_android_scatter is needed for starting the flashing process.

Usb_driver.zip will stay there for now,but you will need it later.this zip file contains the adb drivers that is required for the rooting process.

Orginal a50 boot.img folder contains the stock boot.img file of a50.so if anything goes wrong and your phone is not booting up,you can flash this file,and it'll be back to normal.

step 3:
flashing insecure boot.img
after you've done setting up things,it's time for flashing!
Open sp flash tool (flash_tool.exe),
and select file>open scatter loading file and select mt6573_android_scatter.txt.and uncheck everything on the list for now.
15g9khz.png

ignore any errors that will pop up like these :
a2rq7r.png

9iyexv.png

single click on bootimg and select the boot.img provided in the package.
1zpjkb8.png

take out the battery, put it back and without turning on the device connect it to your pc with the usb cable without pressing any button on the phone. Now windows should find the drivers and install it. After drivers are installed, unplug the cable from your phone. Take out the battery from the phone and put it back again. Do not switch on.

After you've done that,hit f9 or click on the "download" button.
2upeo9g.png

then under
15 seconds,connect your device to the pc.you will see a yellow progress bar,when it reaches 100% a pop up window will appear saying bootimg downloaded.
Now that you've successfully flashed the boot.img,unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back and start the phone normally as you do. Let it fully boot.

step 4:
rooting process

now your device is ready to root! In your device do the following
go to settings->applications->check unknown sources.
Go to settings->applications->development->check usb debugging.
20g00gl.png

now you need to install adb drivers,first extract 'usb_driver.zip'.to install adb drivers,plug in your device to your pc,without turning it off,and do not mount sd card.when you plug in,windows will try to find drivers for "micromax a50" and will simply fail.don't freak out,now go to device manager from start menu,right click on 'micromax a50' and click 'update driver software'.on the new window, click 'browse my computer for driver software', then click 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.click 'have disk'. On the new pop-up window, click 'browse'and select 'android_winusb.inf' from the folder you extracted from 'usb_driver.zip'.now,from the list,select android adb interface and click next,a warning will pop up saying "would you like to install this device driver software. Click install.and the drivers will be installed.thanks to kankfraud for providing drivers.

Open unlock root on your pc and click on root!the program will root your device.when finished,it will ask you to restart your phone. So switch it off and switch it on again.

Now go through your appdrawyer,you should find an application called superuser.if you do,then your device has been rooted!:d

this rooting method has been tested by kankfraud and me.i'm not responsible if something happens to your device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones