• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Tutorial] How to root the ZTE Warp Sequent. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaggermr

Sep 23, 2012
Warning It's your phone if you break it blame yourself. I can't help you if this script bricks your phone. I have used and it worked great.
After a successful root it is recommended to Flash a Recovery and make a nandroid backup. BE CAREFUL. REALLY.

You will need the proper adb drivers for this to work .

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/671861-guide-checking-your-drivers-adb-connection.html#post5395351
by Junkie2100 Read has some helpful tips and troubleshooters

How to root
1. Put your device in usb debug mode from developer options setting menu.
(try different usb modes at least once, generally "charge only" mode is what is recommended but each person gets different resuslts)recommended by Junkie2100
2. Download DoomLord Script and extract it to a folder. DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip
3. Connect your phone via usb and make sure you have adb drivers already installed.
4. Open the extracted folder run the runme.bat
5.Click any key to start the script the device will reboot be patient can take a couple minutes.
6. After script completes hit any key script should close you now have root.
(Helpful links for Clockwork mod and Rom)

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/669226-cwm-6-v-2b.html

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/666902-rooted-stock-rom-cwm.html

http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/670691-shinjitsu-rom-4-0-4-update-out.html

Thanks to the Guys helping develop for the Warp Sequent
Junkie 2100 chrisjv3393 shinru2004 playfulgod superr if I missed you sorry
peasarecool found this method so many thanks and DoomLord is just awesome. I have used his work before thanks.

Didn't work for me either. Can you post a detailed how-to along with a link to the correct adb drivers? It would be greatly appreciated.

Without any details about what happened when you ran the script it is difficult to help. High percent chance that adb drivers are not installed or not installed correctly Youtube or xda developers have tutorials on installing adb drivers. I installed adb drivers about two years ao and don't remember the process. Also might help to put display timeout to thirty minutes and make sure allow install from unknown sources in security settings. Added adb drivers help link in the tutorial at the top of this page.

Upvote 0
Is there something like Clockworkmod as a ROM manager and installer I can use? The stock ROM manager won't let me browse my entire directory. :-( If so, how do i go about installing it?

No currently there is no working cwm or a way to flash a rom or make a nandroid backup. I have tried a little to get cwm working but no results. There are currently no roms to flash.

Upvote 0
Warning It's your phone if you break it blame yourself. I can't help you if this script bricks your phone. I have used and it worked great.

You will need the proper adb drivers for this to work .
Abd drivers tutorial link.
How to Install ADB and Device drivers automatically. Works for Windows, Linux & Mac!!

1. Put your device in usb debug mode from developer options setting menu.
2. Download DoomLord Script and extract it to a folder. DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip
3. Connect your phone via usb and make sure you have adb drivers already installed.
4. Open the extracted folder run the runme.bat
5.Click any key to start the script the device will reboot be patient can take a couple minutes.
6. After script completes hit any key script should close you now have root.

peasarecool found this method so many thanks and DoomLord is just awsome. I have used his work before thanks.

the link to download the driver do not work.

Upvote 0
Random FAQ:

I installed the driver and am still getting errors when I plug my phone in, "device unknown" etc
...Try turning the phone on. (Derp, self.)​

I ran this and it got stuck waiting for the phone to be on!
The bloody phone needs to have its screen on the whole darned time.
What if I have a second copy of ADB installed and on my DOS or Windows path?
I had to make a modification to the DoomLord script to get it to work with my PC, which already had ADB installed and part of the Windows path:

1. renamed files\adb.exe to adb.exe.bak (optional)
  2. right click -> edit runme.bat
  3. find > replace
  4. files\adb
  5. to
  6. adb
  7. re-ran script (which immediately used global ADB command).
This shouldn't be necessary for everybody, but it helped me.

Reactions: yaggermr
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones