• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Tutorial] How to root the ZTE Warp Sequent. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
help!! i am sure i have cwm flashed for my recovery. the phones boots and has superuser on it however titanium backup says it is unable to acquire root privileges?? so im guessing i dont have full root??

tb says: error "sorry i could not acquire root privileges. this app will not work please verify your rom is root and try again. this attempt was made using the /system/bin/su command"

Upvote 0
help!! i am sure i have cwm flashed for my recovery. the phones boots and has superuser on it however titanium backup says it is unable to acquire root privileges?? so im guessing i dont have full root??

tb says: error "sorry i could not acquire root privileges. this app will not work please verify your rom is root and try again. this attempt was made using the /system/bin/su command"

You are rooted. TB has problems with Superuser.apk in b11 for some reason. It's the only app that doesn't work to my knowledge. Some have said installing SuperSU from the play store resolves the issue with TB.

What method did you use to root and install cwm? If you used the live cd beta please post your experience here [TOOL] Warp2 CWM & Root Flasher. Thanks :D

Reactions: videokid14
Upvote 0
hi. superuser said i was rooted and tb said no. so i downloaded 2 root checker programs from play store and both said i did NOT have root. so when i used the live cd, cwm seemed to install just fine but the live cd didn't want to root the phone. however when i was in linux i was able to copy superroot.zip to sdcard on phone. did this just in case i have to flash with cwm recovery. so i booted the phone a couple times and still no root. so i went to recovery and flashed superroot.zip and restarted phone. took 2 tried but did finally achieve full root according to 2 root checkers and TB. :) thank you for all the help and the linux live cd. you are awesome. next is:

1. nandroid backup
2. tb to backup apps+data ??? not sure on this step
3. flash b11 super rom.
4. hopefully enjoy :) ??

Now my question is what to do next?? LOL

i guess what i'm trying to say is i need clarification on how to reinstall the apps. I have an HTC EVO 4G rooted and i use darktremors on there to put the apps on sdcard so i can put more apps cause of low memory. is that needed on the warp sequent or is there a better program to use than darktremors.

2nd is do i need to flash a kernel or is it included in the b11 super rom when its flashed??

this is my wifes phone and i want it to run super smooth and i don't want to screw it up. i already screwed up a samsung nexus s 4g that i hard bricked :(

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
TB can force apps to SD that won't normally go, but the Sequent has over 2.25 GB to pack with apps anyways. As for the kernel - that's optional but a very nice option, but I'm gonna release a ROM shortly (today/tomorrow) that has Team Osiris & downthemachine's Serenity kernel preinstalled as well as prethemed w/ Killer Kobalt. But You still can't go wrong with SuperROM_b11 as SuperR put a lot of work into it as well.

Upvote 0
Nandroid backup is always good as a first step. Personally I don't like TB. I find it to be slow and annoying. I use Nandroid Manager and restore apps and data directly from nandroid backups. That way I only have to back things up once ;)

Regarding the apps2sd, not really sure how much space you need for apps. I have not run out yet lol. I used to use an app called links2sd that worked well on my Optimus V. No experience on the Sequent however.

SuperROM includes the stock kernel, but the OC kernel can be flashed easily and works nicely.

Upvote 0
While trying to do a nandroid backup, I am getting an error. It says error while making a backup image of /data. I've tried 3 times. What does that mean or how do i do a backup if it wont complete?

It could be your sdcard. Otherwise I have no idea...never had that problem or heard of anyone else having it.

Upvote 0
Hola folks.

I really appreciate yinz trying to help out posting in Spanish, but we would ask everyone post in English.

Per the site rules:
Language - English only: Please use English only on Androidforums. If you need, you can use a translating service to help with this. This assumes, of course, that you can even read this message! http://translate.google.com/

Thanks for understanding.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones