• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUTORIAL]Simple Gingerbread .602 SBF and Root Process (Updated 9.9.11)

welli have tried new roms and two of them i have tried do not let me even have my settings so i cant reinstall bootstrap to redo everything. still new to this so help would be appreciated. i guess just redo sbf and try again?
for some reason my home key and search key does not work and i do not have any kind of settings to adjust

Upvote 0
i have the liberty rom from this thread and all i see is the fist when i reboot. i wiped cache after it installed. do i need to do this before instead of after? it just brings me down to get at same point again just to have to sbf yet again lol, but im learning and after a few more times, i should be able to say i have moved from noob to somewhat knowledgeable on sbf'n. thanks for the help!

im getting places if i just read ;) got back into cwr somewhow after plugging usb back in. and wipe data/factory then reboot. maybe it just takes a long time. yes, i was impatient. thank you devs and helpers and droid gods!

Upvote 0
Suggested changes:
Have the user install the phone drivers at the beginning or RSD will not find the phone.
For installing a rom, tell the user to transfer the bootstrapper and rom to the sd card first. Also tell them to allow third party installs or whatever they're called (unsigned?) in order to install the bootstrapper.

This is awesome to have as a sticky to refer to!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Suggested changes:
Have the user install the phone drivers at the beginning or RSD will not find the phone.
For installing a rom, tell the user to transfer the bootstrapper and rom to the sd card first. Also tell them to allow third party installs or whatever they're called (unsigned?) in order to install the bootstrapper.

This is awesome to have as a sticky to refer to!

Great feedback, pedwinkles.

BTW, the wording I believe you are looking for is:

Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources (Allow installation of non-Market applications) checkbox

Cheers!

Upvote 0
When I try to download the driver, it states that "The instillation package is not supported by this processor type."

Anybody offer any insight?

you either downloaded the 64bit file and have a 32bit processor or the opposite.

ok so I have a bionic and I just used that once click root method (same as instructions for droid 3 in the OP). but I didn't have to SBF. Why is it different for the x?

thanks

Upvote 0
ok so I have a bionic and I just used that once click root method (same as instructions for droid 3 in the OP). but I didn't have to SBF. Why is it different for the x?

djrbliss uncovered the Droid 3 root exploit just fairly recently and folks realized that the exploit uses the same adb root exploit for all the Moto-class phones.

So, you actually don't have to .SBF back to .340 anymore to root.

Cheers!

edit: SimsDelt just updated these instructions for folks that need or want to .SBF to the newly acquired .602 release. I mentioned .340 because you had to .SBF back to that before to get root for .596 version, but the D3 root exploit was revealed just before .602 came out (I think I got the timing right on that ;)).

Reactions: MtnbikerChk
Upvote 0
Everything worked for during root except for one problem. My phone for some reason always reboots into bootloader mode. So when I was running the exploit the phone would be reboot, but then get stuck at the bootloader.

So I had to unplug the phone, power up, quickly plug the cable back in, and then unlock when it fully booted. Had to do this twice.

So hope this helps anyone else (if it happens to you)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones