• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

SS34, is there any way to keep the Sense UI or download it again after the flash, or does Sense UI only work with the stock HTC rom? I like it’s particular widgets and the real estate of its seven screens....Are ALL my current widgets part of Sense? Will I lose all my widgets and need to get them elsewhere like through Beautiful Widgets or something? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
ive made some headway finally made progress when i tried to install ruu before i had an error code of 171 (phone was losing connection with computer used android usb driver and manager via right click my computer NOW TO THE HARD PART!!:::: I i now have an error code of 130 i need to update to 2.14.351.1 but i am barely at notifactions for ota system upgrade to 1.02.652.00 am i going to be forced to have a locked bootloader

Upvote 0
thanks for the guide, with it i was able to get s-off and get my phone rooted.
since then i have installed superuser and a root file explorer and have been able to remove some of the junk i dont use .i.e twitter facebook, and some of the vm crap.

im interested in the rom u posted in the first post but im afriad i dont understand how to install the rom, could somone exp-lain it please

Upvote 0
thanks i downloaded the rom posted in this thread from the rom manager and it says its installing it now.

problem is its been installing for like 15 minutes is this normal?
how long does it normally take to install the rom?

Should take no more than 10 minutes to flash while inside recovery, however the longest part will be the first boot after the initial install.

BTW, i posted a bit higher up, but anyone else have a problem with how much internal memory this rom uses out of the box? It's great, but 90mbs of internal after a factory reset doesn't leave much space left over for much of anything, even with link2sd. Any ideas Simon?

Also, if your up for a few critics here are some issues i think you should address with the rom:
1) Internal memory space out-of-the-box is way to high (92mbs) - This over anything is my biggest problem, and really all i care about getting addressed.
2) FM Radio does not work when headphones are plugged in (have run fix permissions, & cleared data)
3) The Terminal app also does not work, just force closes (also ran fix permissions & cleared data)

Not related to your rom Simon, but another issue i noticed was the "official" recovery listed for our Wildfire S does not seem to flash properly for me, i still have to do it manually. The recovery hangs, and then restarts itself when attempting to do anything, not sure whats up with that, but not that big a deal since i can still do it via manual method.

Apart from that, great work and keep the updates coming!

Upvote 0
i have tried to flash every rom in this thread with no suscess

first obne was the one i downloaded from the rom manager after that phone would only boot into bl and then cw recovery

everytime i try to flash it hangs on either opening update or installing
i tried the one stock rom listed in this thread and that managed to flash but the phone would just get stuck at the white htc screen forever

and ideas

Upvote 0
For some reason I cant get rooted by using SuperOneClick, it ends up hanging on #7 and says "waiting for device" and then stops and on the side it ends with...

export TEMPRANDOM=87550;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

mount: Operation not permitted

END:87550export PS1=""

Which is odd. I'm using a CDMA Metro PCS Wildfire S with S-off.

Upvote 0
I Will try to fix terminal and fm. I think the lib for fm may of went missing. As for space, that's all you'll get. It's hardware limited. I'm working on cm7 working but I need kernel help. Brotherswing you think you could tall bobzhome into helping. All that's left is kernel :).

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
i finally got one of the roms listed in this thread to flash after 5 hours of messing with it, it was the other guys stock vm rom that was pre rooted
once i did that i did a backup and then installed rom manager and was able to get the team marvelc rom installed

the memory in the roms sucks i installed 2 apps and was out of space for internal memory. i did fix it by deleting some of the stuff u added in the rom like hackers keyboard and other stuff i wont use.

i do have an idea on how to fix the low internal memory problem by resizing the system paritions ill let u know how that works out. it may have to be done in the rom and not once its flashed to the phone ill find out later

i did add no frill cpu control and it runs great 807mhz top speed and have it set to 400 mhx when phone is on standbye or the screen is off and i have no issues and the battery deff lasts much longer

next thing for me to do is the prl hack

i alsmost forgot to get the cw recovery to work i ended up downgrading it to v 5.0.2.6 both .7 and .8 versions would not do backups and or flash a new rom

Upvote 0
For some reason I cant get rooted by using SuperOneClick, it ends up hanging on #7 and says "waiting for device" and then stops and on the side it ends with...

export TEMPRANDOM=87550;export PS1=END:$TEMPRANDOM;mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

keep trying , it took me an hour of it failing before it finally worked.

reboot ur phone, then reboot ur computer and try again, if it still fails unplug ur phone close the program and then plug ur phone back in and reopen the software and try again and just keep doing that eventually it will work

Upvote 0
For rooting I recommend a new Rom. They all come pre rooted. As for repartitioning I looked can't do much. Sense leaves 5mb on system and cache is already tiny. The space now is way better than stock, stock had 40mb I've gotten a ton. I added darktremors apps 2sd so just make another partition move dalvik and rebuild. That is more space. Else wise there is no more till cm. I just can't do anything more

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
i finally got one of the roms listed in this thread to flash after 5 hours of messing with it, it was the other guys stock vm rom that was pre rooted
once i did that i did a backup and then installed rom manager and was able to get the team marvelc rom installed

the memory in the roms sucks i installed 2 apps and was out of space for internal memory. i did fix it by deleting some of the stuff u added in the rom like hackers keyboard and other stuff i wont use.

i do have an idea on how to fix the low internal memory problem by resizing the system paritions ill let u know how that works out. it may have to be done in the rom and not once its flashed to the phone ill find out later

i did add no frill cpu control and it runs great 807mhz top speed and have it set to 400 mhx when phone is on standbye or the screen is off and i have no issues and the battery deff lasts much longer

next thing for me to do is the prl hack

i alsmost forgot to get the cw recovery to work i ended up downgrading it to v 5.0.2.6 both .7 and .8 versions would not do backups and or flash a new rom

That was my problem for a while too. It seems the recoveries for our phone are very touchy. My solution was to use a different recovery that is stable and works, which i found over here: [RECOVERY - UPDATE] Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery v.5.0.2.6 - xda-developers

Glad you got it working though. I still use the manual mehtod of installing recoveries, because it would seem the "official" on in Rom Manager also craps out at those parts.

Upvote 0

Try giving the "alternate method" that Simon has in the original post a try, i did just for shits and it works well. I hope that one gives you better success, most of the parts are similar so shouldn't be too hard. The link from the OP is: here.

Some people have had success with this one too, and is pretty simple as well thanks to scubaman for originally posting the link: here.

Upvote 0
That was my problem for a while too. It seems the recoveries for our phone are very touchy. My solution was to use a different recovery that is stable and works, which i found over here: [RECOVERY - UPDATE] Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery v.5.0.2.6 - xda-developers

Glad you got it working though. I still use the manual mehtod of installing recoveries, because it would seem the "official" on in Rom Manager also craps out at those parts.
yeah thats the recovery i had to use, the first post in this thread should be updated with a link to that cw recovery.

the one linked in the begining of the thread is 5.0.2.8 and it does not work on our phones or atleats it dosent for about half the ppl.

i figured out a good way to know if it works before u try flashing a new rom

once u download rom manager do a backup , then boot into recovery and try to restore the backup u just made if it works more then likley it will flash the new rom no problem. if it fails dont try flashing a new rom and downgrade the recovery to 5.0.2.6 and u shouldnt have any issues

now i have to root and reflash my gf;s phone would should be a piece of cake now we both have the same phones

Upvote 0
Thought I'd report on this since i haven't seen anyone else do it. Orginally posted here, basically you issue the "su" command followed by "a2sd cachesdreset" in a Terminal Emulator app, and here are my results:

Before issuing:
I have 43 apps installed, 111mbs Used, 39mbs Free

After issuing:
Same 43 apps instaleld, 46mbs Used, 104mbs Free

To be completely honest, I'm not entirely sure what it does, but it only works for users who have link2sd installed and a mounted sd-extension partition. But i'll tell you what, it is godsend for all use users who have the Wildfire S and it's shitty internal memory. I now have no problems with space at all with Simon's rom.

Please report your results if this helped anyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones