• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

Finally finished all the steps and flashed the custom ROM, pretty happy with it so far. Thanks! I'm glad HTC Sense widgets were kept, and it was particularly satisfying for me to delete the Virgin Live app. I'm also looking forward to seeing it in action as a mobile hotspot with the girlfriend's and kid's iPods while driving around town.

...One question though, I forgot to put in my little 2GB SD card when starting the Gold Card process, I still had my 8GB card in the phone. I later partitioned the 8GB card to move apps out of internal memory, but before doing that I copied all the card's contents into a folder on my PC. Can I just copy that folder onto the 2GB card to turn it into my backup Gold Card?

Upvote 0
I was just reading somewhere else about Enhanced Variable Rate Codec B (EVRC-B)…Would changing my Wildfire S to EVRC-B cause any problems with your changes to the PRL or custom ROM (both of which I’ve already done :))? Any other opinions/experience on the pros or cons of the EVRC-B setting?

Also, just backed up your custom ROM with Titanium Backup Pro for the first time. If I want a copy of that backup on my PC do I just connect via USB and do something like a drag and drop?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Yeah I wanted to ask the dev but I was not allowed to post anything as it seems I'm too junior...

That's XDA for you. A good way to pad your post count without abusing their policies is to go through the threads on development. If you see a project that looks interesting, post a quick thank you to the dev, then keep going. In the space of a half hour you can get a dozen posts in while giving positive feedback to developers.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
I flashed the ROM 3.5 HTC sense by m1ndh4x8r and it's working great but every time I get a call, I get some chinese characters below the displayed number. Does any one else have that? It's nothing I know but it's just annoying that's all.
Would there be any way to remove that?

I flashed this rom too, and love it, but i can't send/receive texts, and wifi doesn't work, and it doesn't display my phone number at all in phone info, so i think that might be related. It shows my model as being A510e, but i have a A510c. Is it only for a specific version of our Wildfire? Which one do you have? I'd really love to get it working on mine. Mine is the Virgin Mobile version. Any idea?

Upvote 0
You flashed the wrong Rom. Download RomManager from the market, and use that to download Team MarvelUSc Bugless 2.3.4. Everything works, and with link2sd installed, you have tons of space. Also, RomManager makes installation dead simple.

We are talking about 2 different roms bro lol. Thats what i was asking, if the rom he used from mindhaxer works on my phone specifically, and which version he has. I know all about Simon's rom, and primarily use it, however i'd like mindhaxer's rom better if i could get it working correctly on my phone. Thanks for looking out though :p

Upvote 0
I am having issues with low storage space error even though I have room and like no apps. Wildfire S VM
I followed your steps and got it rooted and s-off after a bit of effort. Flashed the rom and everything looks fine but, can't add any apps and it reboots when I try to even change the wall paper ect..

1) If your having the issue with rebooting after an app install, or wallpaper change you need to re-flash the recovery, and then format the system partition, data, and a factory reset from inside recovery (order doesn't matter). Then simply install the rom again from your sd card while still in recovery using "install zip from sd card". That fixes that issue for me, don't leave anything i said out.

2) For space issues, Simon includes native app2sd support, so you need to download "terminal emulator" from the market (because the one that's pre-installed with his rom is broken) and issue these 2 commands, in this order (without the quotes): "su", and then "a2sd cachesdreset". After that, assuming you did that after only installing terminal emulator after a fresh flash, you should only have 17mb internal used!

Lastly for space, install and use link2sd, and use create link to move all your apps and data to your sd card.

Let me know if this helped you or not, and good luck.

Reactions: Twinels
Upvote 0
Great news everyone. I got about 90% cm working thanks to Jmz and jerryscript :) mms is working so far. Tether and Bluetooth are broke. And until I get a kernel built its broken over clock wise. We still need some cleaning too. My folders are very dirty.

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it, and can't wait. You still going to be working on the Team Marvel stock rom after CM is finished?

Upvote 0
i just got my Virgin Moblie A510c HTC Wildfire S. I looked thru other forums and it CDMA so I know this is the forum to follow but I can't even get past step 1. This isn't my first time rooting. I just can't find the files to download.:thinking: A little help is appreciated.

S-Off:
Prerequisites: Windows, A USB cord for your phone, HTC Drivers, which are installed with the HTC Sync software, USB DEBUGGING ENABLED, and two files i will mention in the directions.
1) Download the files attached below WHERE ARE THE FILES? I CANT FIND THEM!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones