• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

Well I found a ROM that fixes the issues but then even with link 2 sd I kept getting low internal storage so I decided that since I was within the best buy exchange period I would just pay the extra hundred bucks and I got the Motorola triumph rooted it and no issues so thank you anyways for all your tips and help but for my uses that phone was not worth it

Upvote 0
I know this error from my AC forum ... I think we decided to look at redoing the goldcard and.removing the files, redownloading them and putting them back on. Feel free to give a look on android central if I'm no help, I'm on there more right now (more devs)

I am stuck on jump to DIAG as well, yes I'm using the memory card that came with the phone. Thank you!

Upvote 0
hate to sound like a newbie douche. But is there any roms or anything that can be done for the htc wildfire S for metro pcs?. the ram on this thing is ****ing horrid!!! Does the OP (original posters) Links also apply to this phone?. Or should I just get a hammer and film my love for this phone with crappy memory... lol

Upvote 0
I am having a lot of trouble getting the drivers to download onto my computer so the the simplegoldcard.exe will work. Any help will be much appreciated. :)

I had a similar problem. I found that deleting the current htc drivers that I had and then reinstalling them worked. I think it was a problem with windows 7 on my pc, because when I plugged my phone into my laptop with XP, the goldcard showed up right away.

Upvote 0
Sorry ive been very buisy making a rom :) But im here to help. Okay, use the SD that came with the phone to make a gold card. then add the files i told you to add :) then just keep trying, ive had reports as 3 times the charm sometimes :)

Thanks, Simonsimons34 for the incredible post....I'd misplaced the original VM formatted 2 GB SD card to my VM HTC Wildfire S (A510c) because I'd replaced it with an 8GB card at time of purchase a few months ago. I was afraid if I tried anything all would be lost at "step 16", but I just FOUND the little mite resting contentedly in an adapter forgotten in a drawer....Will update with result.

Upvote 0
(First time posting !!! and for good reason)
I dont know what i am overlooking but when i try to install your custom recovery and any others i try.I have placed your custom rom on the root of sd but when i go to the bootloader it fast boots and looks for/only searches for the zip file and other file from when i used the gold card to s off and root and flash the custom recovery it told me install can anyone help??

also i read somewhere that the custom recovery file i installed was for gsm models but if that where true wouldnt my phone be bricked??

** i am using cdma vm wildfire s which is rooted using gold card method and PG76DIAG was recovery img
*sorry for my first and very long post i like to be explanatory

Upvote 0
Well first I think you should go to Rom manager, and tap flash rcovery. Wildfire s cdma should pop up. Then you should allow root and your flashed. My team only supports the Rom manager recovery and htdcev hboot update as of 3-3-12 heads up everyone

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
been at this all night great response time btw:cool: figured everyone was asleep i have installed rom manager tapped flash cwm recovery current version is cwm 5.0.2.8 how do i find out what version of hboot im using and if it isnt the one needed how do i update

**edit- hboot is 1.06.0000 and it searches for the PG76DIAG.zip and nbh and says no img or wrong img are the files supposed to still be there or what

Upvote 0
...But now, HTC Will unlock your phone free via htcdev.com its worthy of note ;)

Your candid opinion is greatly appreciated, I WON'T HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY UNFORTUNATE RESULTS. :) ....Are the following disclaimers on the HTCdev page for unlocking bootloader just perfunctory cautionary overkills? Following is some text from the HTCdev site I've put in bold italics: "It is possible that your device may be physically damaged due to overheating....Some content on your device may also be invalidated and cannot be accessed any more because of invalid DRM security keys....We do not guarantee that updating your device via FOTA will not render your device unusable."

And..."Please note that unlocking your bootloader does not mean that you will be able to unlock the SIM lock." Is this referring to models with a sim card? My HTC Wildfire S is the U.S. distributed A510c model, which I understand to be CDMA and without a sim card.

Is the download link at the very beginning of your post (http://www.mediafire.com/?1je0j84e3ske0gu, updated on 2-21-12) a complete mod that includes the attributes you've listed after it (hardware accelerated, overclock to 802mhz, and all traces of VM removed, stock htc restrictions to USB and tether removed)? Basically my goal is that plus sending all my apps to memory card so I've got maximum internal storage available.

Thanks for any guidance.

Upvote 0
The hboot is in ruu form on htcdev.com ;) flash it.
As far as the warnings, they ate basically nothin to care about. We cover precautions. I removed fota for example ;) as for the things you want, all of those are on the Rom. Plus more. Even supports uot

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I'm afraid i need some help. Anything from you guys would be great. I successfully got the Wildfire to S-0ff and have been using your custom rom for a while now. I don't know what compelled me to unlock the bootloader from htc dev, but it failed and gave me an error code 130 invalid device id anyway. Point is, now i can't install any apps without the phone crashing. I have tried re-flashing your rom, using your super wipe rom, and nothing is working. Every time i re-flash the same thing happens every time i try to install an app. The phone just soft-reboots itself. I even tried doing a nandroid backup, as well as flashing an old version of your rom and the same thing happens every time. I don't know what to do at this point, any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Actually, i seemed to have fixed it. I hope what fixed it for me will help someone else out in the future. I simply formatted the system partition, as well as the sd-ext partition manually through recovery (and of course the davilik, cache, and factory reset), and then ran the super wipe rom and then re-flashed to your most recent rom. All is good now.

Now that's over, i wanted to thank you guys for all the hard work you've put into this thing. So, thank you. The only other thing i wanted to ask was if there is anything i can do to help save space on my internal. It would appear your rom straight out of the box uses a whopping 92 mb's of the internal memory, where as the stock default Virgin Mobile rom only uses 39. As this phone is memory conscious and all, is there anything else other than removing system apps, and using link2sd to gain more space? Why does your rom require so much?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones