1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tv-out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amu, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Amu

Amu Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    I was wondering if the droid supports tv-out from the audio jack? I'm not sure if Android 2.0 supports tv-out. I know the iPhone added tv-out later on with an update, so I was wondering the same with the droid. Thanks in advance for the help

Advertisement

2. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Student
    Boston
    If you look a bit deeper into the forums, I asked this question the other day. I just got my Droid last night, and I tested it out with my Myvu and it dosn't seem to work..... I am able to get audio but no video. I am not sure if this is a software or hardware problem, but the board that the phone is made from should support video..... so that leaves me thinking it is Android itself.

3. Amu

Amu Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Sorry if I didn't look deeper, my fault. But thank you for the reply, I've looked on most blogs, forums, and google but no one seemed to even bother trying it. So I guess the os doesn't support it yet. I remember the same thing happened with iphone until the firmware was upgraded and was able to support tv-out. I was wondering though, could you try and switch the yellow/video with the white/audio? Maybe it could work. I remember that with my old nokia phone I would have to switch the yellow with the white one to make the video show, not really sure but it worked. Thanks again