1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TV out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fishy, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Fishy

Fishy Lurker

Is it possible to connect the Note 4 to a TV via the HDMI / Micro USB / MHL link I already have for my Original Note (Samsung Note 1)? The original plugs in and work straight away. The Note 4 does nothing. Does not even charge suggesting it does not work with either that unit I have or cannot work that way. My Telly is not NFC compatible.

Just to add I downloaded the European manual for the NOTE 4 and the UK manual for the Note 3(I do not have a note 3 though this was just to see what Samsung say). I have read the Note 3 can connect to the TV via Micro USB to HDMI MHL adaptor. No where in either pretty large PDF (78mb) does it mention any way to connect other the NFC from what I can see. So I am hopeful an 11 pin micro / Hdmi cable will work. Note sure if the cable I have for the Note 1 is a 5 pin which maybe is why it does not work. If people have had success with this method of connection then this is rather naughty of Samsung to give no info on it whatsoever. My opinion only based on the limited searching I have done. Should be this hard though really!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gadgetgalbb

gadgetgalbb Newbie

Not sure which model is "original" note but for Note 3, I bought the Allcast Share wireless hub. This works with screen mirroring. I may have tried the direct wire and it may have done nothing.

3. Fishy

Fishy Lurker

OK Thanks for the reply. The original note I have is the first generation Note Phone. Quite dis-appointing that the old phone can do something the new cannot! Not overly impressed by the note 4 so far. However the Note I found good other than slow and at least the Note 4 is quick.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews