1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tv output

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by raybreslin, Oct 2, 2014.

1. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

Does anyone know if its possible to get an app or any other way of getting the tv output setting that the 1st samsung galaxy s had? really need it for my s3 but dont know if its possible.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

What TV output do you mean? It has wireless screen mirroring. I have a bluray player with miracast and I mirror my phone to my TV with a simple tap. Or you can do it wired with a mhl adapter. Its micro USB to HDMI. But get the right one for the s3. (11 pin) you can get them on amazon for anywhere between 10 and 50 dollars depending on quality.

raybreslin likes this.
  3. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

The tv output setting is in the older galaxys it is for an aux cable that has the three yellow red and white av connections on tge other side its badically for my dvd player in my car it has the lead but this phone doesnt have the same setting as the old galaxy so thats why I was wondering is it possible ive rooted the phone so thought just maybe there is a way

4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Its HDMI now. Not sure about rca adapter (yellow red white) it does high def now.

raybreslin likes this.
  5. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast

Wow! That's really nice. How would I mirror my S3 to my Samsung Tv. I have chromecastt but that only sends specifice progrqms to the tV. Mirroring would be much more useful.

JM

6. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

Basically the rca is what goes into the back of the dvd player in the car so is it possible to get a converter and the the mini hdmi?

7. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

8. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

My blu ray player has miracast built in. I looked for the feature when I bought it. And the s3 has it as well, in pull down quick settings "screen mirroring". But if your blu ray player doesn't have it, you can get a miracast dongle on amazon for between 15 to 50 dollars. It looks kinda like a chromecast, but for devices (like s3) that have miracast, it mirrors your screen completely. I use it on my s3 and my nexus 7(2013).

Attached Files:

javamann likes this.
  9. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

Do both need to have miracast? Im a bit cofused if i buy the Samsung HDTV Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S3 will that allow for whatever is on my screen to be shown on the tv or whatever hdmi port it is plugged into?

10. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Yes that'll work fine, you don't need miracas to use an HDMI adaptor. I do it all the time. Make sure you buy an HDMI adaptor that has a mini USB input. As the phone will need to be playing the video and it really drains the battery without it being on charge. The official Samsung one does for sure.

raybreslin likes this.
  11. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

So would this one be ok?

12. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

If you want to do it with wires, you just need an mhl adapter, or the Samsung adapter. Miracast is for doing it wirelessly. With miracast I just sit on my couch and tap screen mirroring. I used to do it with mhl until I found the joys wireless miracast.

13. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

14. raybreslin

raybreslin Lurker

Cool well I ordered the leads its for the and getti g a new upto date dvd player would cost a bomb were as the leads just cost me

15. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

16. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

One thing you need to keep in mind when mirroring with cables. It can cause excess wear and tear on the port if the phone is moved a lot. If you plan on playing games or handling your phone while mirroring then wireless is definitely the way to go. The S3 ports are known to be delicate. I've read quite a few threads where members are asking for help replacing their ports.

wyelkins, freakshow85 and Madbat like this.
  17. freakshow85

freakshow85 Android Enthusiast

Yeah. My phone is about eleven months old and my port has so much play in it when I'm charging it. Zero connection issues so far, but I'm sure it's in the future for this phone.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews