1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TV Remote on Note II is it possible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wicked1, Jul 7, 2013.

1. wicked1

wicked1 Member

I know all the new Samsung phones have the ability to control a TV, but can you add this to the Samsung Note II? I was thinking of getting a Note II and wondering if I should go with the S4 because of this cool feature.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

The N2 doesn't have an infrared transmitter so it won't be possible. :)

It might be possible if you have Comcast Xfinity, through an app called Zeebox, not sure though.

Sent using the force

3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

As Caloy stated, it's a hardware feature. But I think the Logitech Harmony line of products might be able to do what your looking for via BT to IR (or something like that). But it is an expensive piece of equipment.

I remember having a blast changing channels of a TV in a restaurant/bar with my Sony Clies and Axim x51v. It was hilarious (to me).

The Note 8 and Note 10.1 are the only Notes that have built-in IR transmitters.

4. Doc99

Doc99 Newbie

Also if you had Direct TV Genie, which is WiFi it is possible as well. Had a hoot flippin channels from my office while the wife was watching the tube, she couldn't figure out what was going on and why the channels kept changing. She was ready to call and complain that something was wrong with the new setup.

5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

I'm able to change channels, set DVR using the Comcast Xfinity app which is perfect for me.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews