• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV Stuck at booting screen

fath3r

Lurker
May 21, 2021
Hello,
I was using termux on my TV then I typed "adb reboot recovery" (I wanted to see if I can control my android phone) but it rebooted it self to the recovery.
then I selected reboot to bootloader but nothing happened. Now the TV won't boot and its stuck on the booting screen.
Brand : Vision Plus Smart TV 32 inch, Android 7
Model : VP8832S190901372

Attachments

• IMG-20210521-WA0164.jpg
    IMG-20210521-WA0164.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 232
unplugging the box does not help?

are you sure you did not enter any other commands?

you should have just entered the command:
Code:
adb devices
this will list what devices adb sees.

I have even tried rebooting to recovery by holding the power + vol- but nothing.
yes I typed "adb devices" to see connected devices and there was one there(sth like "emulator 1122333") , I thought it was my phone that's when I went and did the adb reboot...

Upvote 0
I have even tried rebooting to recovery by holding the power + vol- but nothing.
yes I typed "adb devices" to see connected devices and there was one there(sth like "emulator 1122333") , I thought it was my phone that's when I went and did the adb reboot...
emulator means termux app you are using which means that command was for the tv. adb did not see your phone and i doubt there is a way to do that via your tv. you need a pc to be able to issue adb commands to your phone.

so this is happening to your tv and not your phone correct?

Upvote 0
Hard to tell just what might be the problem looking at that screen capture you posted. Hopefully the TV is just stuck in a boot-loop because of some one-off glitch and not something more serious like the Android OS was wiped or seriously corrupted.
Try unplugging the TV completely from the wall outlet, and just leave it that way for several hours. Residual power will remain in a lot of internal components (i.e. capacitors) so give them a lot of time to 'drain'. You might want to unplug everything too (audio in and out devices, HDMI, USB, etc.) Unplug things, leave it overnight, then plug the power cord in and see what happens when you try to start it up.

How long have you had this TV? If it's still covered by a warranty you might need to take advantage of that.

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones