1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Tvserity Vs WMP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andoroido, Jun 13, 2011.

1. andoroido

andoroido Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    I was wondering, how does these applications compare on your server side / computer front. I haven't had much luck with TF front, and the server side of streaming network files specially 720p is completely unwatchable. How is everyone streaming their current setup? What pros and cons are there to use either WMP or tvserity? Are their any other options?

My setup
    UpnPlay
    MoboPlayer
    TVserity[Server]

Not working :S

Advertisement

2. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    NC
    In the same boat as you bud. Video streaming is unstable from my pc.

3. moparoy

moparoy Newbie
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    Ok to help u guys i tried a 720p 6 gig rip. Freezes or stops in about 5 minutes on my TF and my Evo using upnplay and rockplayer. Standard def streams no prob on both devices using Rockplayer and mobo. Thinking it might be a wifi bandwith limittation i tried my archos 70 using its smb player and no probs. So its not wifi. Then i used the upnp built into the archos 70 and still no freezing. So the tversity media server is not the problem. So then i installed upnplay on my archos 70 played the video using the archos native player and still no problem so its not upnplay. Then i used upnplay with rockplayer on my archos 70 and it stopped within 5 minutes.so it would seem to be the players. Archos has alot of codecs and optimised as a media player since that is its roots. So at least u know standard def works with the setup of tversity, upnplay, and rockplayer or mobo but u need a different player like the archos native one to play high def. Long post but i hope it helps save u guys time.

4. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    NC
    That makes sense. Is the Archos player available anywhere other than on their tablet?

5. moparoy

moparoy Newbie
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    I tried moving it to another device but no dice. Tried the XDA forums to see if anyone has the player but it says it is tied to the chip and framework so not possible. Sorry.

6. andoroido

andoroido Member
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    Wow, is MKV really now supported in WMP? Yaaaa, I am currently testing this as well. Can I get WMP to support this as "Video" format, because currently it's not being shown within UPnPlay browser right now.