• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tweak notification led

willard_vg

Lurker
Jul 10, 2013
Hey guys,

I just went from iPhone to Samsung S4, and its been the best thing ive ever done in my life so far. Now I want to get the maximum out of my Samsung S4, cause it has alot of cool features.

Now I want to tweak my notification led, without using any apps, and I wonder if this is possible? Because I used some apps like Light Flow and Lightmanager, but they drained battery it looked like, and they didnt had all the options I wanted.

because I want a green led notification, which isnt blinking when I get a whatsapp message.

So my question is, is it possible to tweak it without using any apps? Like with any roms or something.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section btw!

Cheers

First of all, welcome to AndroidForums Willard!

Second, I used LightFlow on my GNex and never noticed it draining the battery any faster than without it. If you're not in to running apps to tweak your notification LED, that's fine.

Looking for a ROM to do that is like bringing a nuclear missile to a knife fight; waaaaay overkill. If you go the ROM route you should know there are loads of pitfalls which staying stock avoids. I'm not saying don't change your ROM, just if you're going to, do it for the right reasons. It's not for the feint of heart.

Personally, I think running LightFlow would work just fine for you but it's your call.

Upvote 0
First of all, welcome to AndroidForums Willard!

Second, I used LightFlow on my GNex and never noticed it draining the battery any faster than without it. If you're not in to running apps to tweak your notification LED, that's fine.

Looking for a ROM to do that is like bringing a nuclear missile to a knife fight; waaaaay overkill. If you go the ROM route you should know there are loads of pitfalls which staying stock avoids. I'm not saying don't change your ROM, just if you're going to, do it for the right reasons. It's not for the feint of heart.

Personally, I think running LightFlow would work just fine for you but it's your call.

Thanks!

Well I have the same problem with LightFlow as with Light Manager, they wont recognize any other apps.. While I have Superuser allowed it :/

Upvote 0
I agree with RichSz's post. Except that I did have higher than expected battery drain with my S4. I contacted the developer, and he had me clear out data, and a couple of other steps - and my battery drain is now back to negligible (barely registers on battery stats)

Well I have the same problem with LightFlow as with Light Manager, they wont recognize any other apps.. While I have Superuser allowed it :/

What do you mean by "they won't recognize any other apps"? Lightflow does support a fairly large list of apps, even on the free version. The paid version adds a whole lot more. Is there a specific app that is not supported?

See the lightflow supported apps here
Light Flow - Features

Upvote 0
I agree with RichSz's post. Except that I did have higher than expected battery drain with my S4. I contacted the developer, and he had me clear out data, and a couple of other steps - and my battery drain is now back to negligible (barely registers on battery stats)

What do you mean by "they won't recognize any other apps"? Lightflow does support a fairly large list of apps, even on the free version. The paid version adds a whole lot more. Is there a specific app that is not supported?

See the lightflow supported apps here
Light Flow - Features

Ah im ******ed, I had to put it in Operating mode, then it lets me add apps. Thanks for all the help peeps! You're so much better then the apple community ;)

Reactions: RichSz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones