• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tweaks thread

This is probably a dumb question, but are the "Homebrew Apps" the apps that are available through prepare when you select available packages and then Applications, or are there more "Homebrew Apps" available somewhere else.

Also, is there a way to enlarge the old-school apps that appear on the Pre-looking screen so that they play nearer to full screen?

One last thing, I downloaded the patch shown in the video, but I want to customize the titles of the pages. Is that possible?

Colchiro, thanks for all the cool links and tips you have shared.

PAFisher

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what the "homebrew" tab was intended for. Since you drag icons to favorites, games and homebrew, I guess it makes no difference. I bet it won't take long and someone will tweak it with more tabs or the ability to rename them.

I suspect the pre-touchpad apps are opening in a compatibility mode. On an Android device, you can turn off that option. I'm still pretty new to this so I'm a newbie like everyone else. :D

Thanks. I petitioned to have this forum created and so far am the only guide/mod that's a regular so I'm trying to keep it interesting and active. I did similar stuff in the Nook Color forum, but I no longer own one so not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

Reactions: Dahlen
Upvote 0
I petitioned to have this forum created and so far am the only guide/mod that's a regular so I'm trying to keep it interesting and active. I did similar stuff in the Nook Color forum, but I no longer own one so not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

Thanks Colchiro, I for one really appreciate you doing this for us.

I found a few tweaks that I like, nothing major but they'd one to change the default view on the calendar to either weekly or monthly (I prefer monthly), and another to change the email formatting to mimic outlook (useful when sending formal/professional emails).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones