1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Tweaks thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by colchiro, Sep 9, 2011.

1. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT

Advertisement

PAFisher likes this.
  2. PAFisher

PAFisher Newbie
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    This is probably a dumb question, but are the "Homebrew Apps" the apps that are available through prepare when you select available packages and then Applications, or are there more "Homebrew Apps" available somewhere else.

Also, is there a way to enlarge the old-school apps that appear on the Pre-looking screen so that they play nearer to full screen?

One last thing, I downloaded the patch shown in the video, but I want to customize the titles of the pages. Is that possible?

Colchiro, thanks for all the cool links and tips you have shared.

PAFisher

3. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    I'm not sure what the "homebrew" tab was intended for. Since you drag icons to favorites, games and homebrew, I guess it makes no difference. I bet it won't take long and someone will tweak it with more tabs or the ability to rename them.

I suspect the pre-touchpad apps are opening in a compatibility mode. On an Android device, you can turn off that option. I'm still pretty new to this so I'm a newbie like everyone else. :D

Thanks. I petitioned to have this forum created and so far am the only guide/mod that's a regular so I'm trying to keep it interesting and active. I did similar stuff in the Nook Color forum, but I no longer own one so not sure how long I'll be able to do that.

Dahlen likes this.
  4. Amerie

Amerie Well-Known Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Doncaster, UK
    Thanks Colchiro, I for one really appreciate you doing this for us.

I found a few tweaks that I like, nothing major but they'd one to change the default view on the calendar to either weekly or monthly (I prefer monthly), and another to change the email formatting to mimic outlook (useful when sending formal/professional emails).

5. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Yup, already installed both of those as soon as I saw them. I haven't noticed any difference in the email one, but haven't really investigated it either.

6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Honestly, I find I rarely go into the launcher since I found I can launch apps by name right from the "Make it so" bar.

Tags: