• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TweetDeck Beta!

I've used many and still haven't settled. I keep rotating!

Touiteur is my favorite GUI wise, I don't like Twidroyd's, but it functions well. I'm back to Seesmic at the moment, untill TweetDeck beta comes out.

TweetDeck on the iPhone when I tried it was very good.

Upvote 0
will be useless for me if this doesnt have a widget that displays all the newest posts from facebook and twitter.

currently using pure messenger, which is fine for scrolling through the posts, but I wish that when I tap on it, it uses the native fb\twitter app and goes straight to that post

Upvote 0
I've used many and still haven't settled. I keep rotating!

Touiteur is my favorite GUI wise, I don't like Twidroyd's, but it functions well. I'm back to Seesmic at the moment, untill TweetDeck beta comes out.

TweetDeck on the iPhone when I tried it was very good.

I'm the same way. I'm currently back to Touiteur, but lately it's been having issues with loading my timeline and not receiving notifications. Seesmic doesn't have the autocomplete function of @usernames.

Upvote 0
just installed it and... i must be completely out of it today... but i can't find anywhere to change settings? :thinking: the font seems so HUGE

A quote from TweetDeck:

"Leaked version of Android TweetDeck is an old build, recommend you avoid until real beta drops tomorrow"

This is from their Twitter, so I guess the best thing is to wait for tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

Reactions: nifer
Upvote 0
I couldn't wait and downloaded the leaked version last night. I'm not sure how the notifications work in the leaked version, I have turned them all off for now. Hopefully the settings in the release today will be better!

I like how it shows Facebook and Twitter (and there are other social networks available) in one stream. However I hope you can select a stream to view in the future, as sometimes I prefer to select which feed I'm looking at.

Upvote 0
Must be pretty damn soon if it is afternoon BST! There's not many hours left in the afternoon now! :D

As for a widget, the beta I have doesn't have one, but as I said above, it's an old version so the one getting released today may have one! I don't usually use twitter widgets though so no big deal for me.

Upvote 0
It's definitely a *beta.* I have three Twitter accounts, and could figure out no way to display anything other than the first one alphabetically. (Thankfully it's not my most important one.) I ended up deleting it from my TweetDeck desktop, clearing all data and cache in the Android version, and now my most important Twitter account (#2 alphabetically) appears on my phone.

And yes to the poster above who complained about font size. Way big!

But will be interesting to see how it works.

Upvote 0
Definitely can tell it's a beta but it's not bad overall. I would like options like refresh interval and notification settings. Also has anyone figured out a way to get @ replies and direct messages to show up from two Twitter accounts? I'm logged in with both but only one of my accounts shows @ replies and DM.

Upvote 0
I like the font size. Being a designer and a typography geek, the "in" thing at the moment is big type, suites me :p

Will take getting used too, but seeing all my networks in one is growing on me. The only problem with that is my friends sometimes post the same thing to twitter and Facebook at the same time. Though I guess I'd still read it twice anyways!

Is there a quicker way to see my lists other than clicking the friends button then my twitter account, then select the list?

It seems to update as and when an update happens too. This is the same for the newest desktop TweetDeck when you sign up for it, brilliant feature, rather than updating every hour or whatever you set!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones