1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tweetdeck/LauncherPro Friends Alternative?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by CeePeeBee, Oct 16, 2010.

1. CeePeeBee

CeePeeBee Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Guys,

I'm after something I'm not sure exists. I use LauncherPro and use the "Friends" widget to show the Facebook and Twitter feed (scrollable) on one of my screens.

The downside however is that you can't post a pic/video from here. You must use a different application which means having all your tweets/status downloaded again. just isn't tidy!

So my question is, is there an application out there that houses a wdiget that shows Twitter/Facebook timeline (scrollable) and allows you to post natively from the application, pictures/videos/links?

Tweetdeck does this however the widget to view the feeds is shocking and shows next to nothing!

Any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Android Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009
    Male
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I agree, I am also on the lookout. Mainly the facebook/twitter integration in a functional widget.

3. CeePeeBee

CeePeeBee Member

Jun 15, 2010
    anyone at all? *bump*

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Android Expert

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    I'm with ya. Haven't been on the site in quite a while, just came on to find the same thing!

5. CeePeeBee

CeePeeBee Member

Jun 15, 2010
    bump....i can't believe nobody wants this?

6. kicko

kicko Newbie

Apr 16, 2010
    I think because most send vids or images directly from the gallery. The LP widget is only meant to be a reader, not really a full blown app.

7. varaonaid

varaonaid Android Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2009
    VT!
    I'm looking for this too! I like some of the functionality of the LP+ Friends widget but LP+ has been running really slow lately and doing a lot of FCs. So, I went back to ADW.Launcher and can't believe how much faster it is. I know that LP is getting a complete rewrite so I may end up going back to it eventually but I'd LOVE a great widget to go with the likes of Tweetdeck. I tried Pure Messenger but it just doesn't have the functionality either...can't even "like" something on FB.

If anyone runs across something like this, please share!!!

8. Koxx

Koxx Android Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2010
    I could add this to Pure messenger widget ... but I am not sure that it is a good idea.
    I think a widget should remain simple ... and should not become a full app.

For features of Pure messenger, they are driven by users requests. so, if you don't ask, you don't get :
    Suggestions Android 'Pure' widgets series (calendar)