1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Tweetdeck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by savetheknot, Sep 14, 2011.

1. savetheknot

savetheknot Member
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I fell in love with Tweedeck on my old phone. However, I can't get the Facebook to work on it on my EVO. I read on the market page that you may have to uninstall any Facebook apps you have on your phone to get it to work. Is there a way around this? I'm only asking because I'm not rooted and can't uninstall Facebook right now.

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Yeah facebook is one of those apps that are in the system folder so no deleting with out being root. I'm not sure if Titanium Backup will freeze it and the tweedeck work or not. I'm rooted and have Titanium Backup Pro The free version gives you some availabilities just cant remember what.

Part of the price of switching phones though is giving up things we used to like about the old ones

3. savetheknot

savetheknot Member
    None

Jul 9, 2011

I know. It took me months to work up the nerve to attempt rooting and even longer to change roms. Now with the EVO I'm back to square one. It seems harder to root from what I read. Just not ready to tackle it yet.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Actually the rooting process was fairly quick and simple. Just make sure to back up your SD CARD. It took me less than 15 minutes to be rooted.IF your still in the 30 day warranty period though I would recommend waiting and while you are you can check out this thread Ocnbrze made it very easy to understand how to root. He also is alway's around and willing to answer any questions you may have.

savetheknot likes this.
Tags: