• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Twidroid or Peep?

I'm actually having a different trouble since the update. It used to remember where my last tweet was....now when I open it, it's opening to the very last one, and I have to try to remember where I last looked.

there is a setting for that....at least in Twidroid free there is...of where you return to when the app is reopened....timeline position or something. Look in your settings.

Upvote 0
there is a setting for that....at least in Twidroid free there is...of where you return to when the app is reopened....timeline position or something. Look in your settings.

Which is why I said I've been having trouble since the update. It worked before, it doesn't work now, in spite of the fact that I've changed the setting....tried it BOTH ways. But thanks for that.

Upvote 0
I dont understand this whole Twitter thing. Unless you're a celebrity, nobody gives a crud what you are doing...do you guys really think people go on twitter and see what you posted? LOLz...

I use it mostly to follow people I like (Jim Gaffigan, John Hodgman) and some companies or whatever because sometimes they give deals and all that. I highly doubt people twitter things like "Waking up" or "Going to bathroom", but seriously, if you have friends that you don't see every day and you're someone that actually does something interesting (it seems you find that to be impossible), then you can use twitter. Celebrities are people just like anyone else, and most of the time they have more boring lives than a lot of non-celebrities. Most of the time I just use it to recommend a movie I just saw or something.

Honestly, I thought the same thing as you until I joined to follow a few people that I thought are worth following.

Upvote 0
I'm actually having a different trouble since the update. It used to remember where my last tweet was....now when I open it, it's opening to the very last one, and I have to try to remember where I last looked.

This happens to me every once in a while, both before and after the update. It's a bit of a pain. I wonder if what happens is that if Twidroid gets closed while it is running in the background, it doesn't "remember" where you were in the timeline?

I will say that Swift seemed to do this better Seesmic never remembers where I am in the timeline; it always goes to the most recent update. I hate that, so I cannot use the app for that reason. I can live with the occasional Twidroid glitch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones