1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Twitter App/Notifications/Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DoubleOhMark, Jan 5, 2013.

1. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Lurker

Firstly, I've tried all the very basics things like a factory reset and uninstall, reinstalling. I've checked under accounts and made sure that the app is synchronized. It's not a sound issue either.

My Twitter application just does not notify me of anything new, AT ALL. Mentions, follows, whatever, I just do not get notified. All my other apps, social networking or otherwise are fine.

I try going into the account settings on the Twitter app itself and it will not let me change anything. The settings are all 'greyed out'. [Image attached below.]

Any and all help appreciated as this is most infuriating and seems a stupid problem. I've looked all over the web to no avail so hopefully someone here is wiser.

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

I dont use Twitter but, can you go to menu/settings/accounts/add account and check the box next to twitter? Perhaps then the greyed out boxes will allow you to set options?

3. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Lurker

I already have the account signed in under that section and have tried 'syncing' it repeatedly too.

4. Mikestony

VIP Member

5. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Lurker

That one did help thank you, that master control setting in the widget helped unlock the greys. Now I just need someone to tweet me or something to check they come through! :')

6. Mikestony

VIP Member

haha, sorry, if I had a Twitter account I would:rolleyes:

7. Alex14

Alex14 Lurker

I have the same problem! Can you tell me exactly what you did? pretty please

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews