1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Twitter App/Notifications/Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DoubleOhMark, Jan 5, 2013.

1. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Firstly, I've tried all the very basics things like a factory reset and uninstall, reinstalling. I've checked under accounts and made sure that the app is synchronized. It's not a sound issue either.

My Twitter application just does not notify me of anything new, AT ALL. Mentions, follows, whatever, I just do not get notified. All my other apps, social networking or otherwise are fine.

I try going into the account settings on the Twitter app itself and it will not let me change anything. The settings are all 'greyed out'. [Image attached below.]

Any and all help appreciated as this is most infuriating and seems a stupid problem. I've looked all over the web to no avail so hopefully someone here is wiser.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    I dont use Twitter but, can you go to menu/settings/accounts/add account and check the box next to twitter? Perhaps then the greyed out boxes will allow you to set options?

3. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Member

Jan 5, 2013
    I already have the account signed in under that section and have tried 'syncing' it repeatedly too.

4. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
  5. DoubleOhMark

DoubleOhMark Member

Jan 5, 2013
    That one did help thank you, that master control setting in the widget helped unlock the greys. Now I just need someone to tweet me or something to check they come through! :')

6. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    haha, sorry, if I had a Twitter account I would:rolleyes:

7. Alex14

Alex14 New Member

Nov 14, 2013

I have the same problem! Can you tell me exactly what you did? pretty please