1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Twitter App Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eris Ed, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Can't seem to find an answer in other threads, so here goes....

Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync

It shows 2 Twitter entries on the sync list (I use the stock Twitter app that came with the phone).

Entry 1 has a large 't' logo and I can change Account Settings, Sync tweet, and Sync friend.

Entry 2 has a small 't' logo and I can change Sync Twitter data and Sync contacts.

Are both these entries part of the same Twitter app? When I select Account Settings from the first app on the list, the page title appears as 'Peep' for a couple of seconds before changing 'Settings'. Could it be that the above entries are for Peep and the stock Twitter app, even though I don't use Peep?

My main reason for asking is that the Twitter app is set to update every 2 hours, but it seems this isn't happening, and I'm wondering if there's a clash somewhere.

Advertisement

2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I also had Twitter twice on the sync list. My solution was to go into peep and delete my twitter account details.

On my phone peep was pre installed and I downloaded the official twitter app from the market.

I'm not sure why the sync isn't happening but I've noticed that mine seems to stop sometimes too.

3. I think you will find it's something to do with Friends Stream - that seems to need the second T entry.

Tags: