1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Twitter Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by mull1t, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mull1t

mull1t Lurker

Hi All,

Been browsing the forums for a while now and have just picked up my HTC Desire HD (gone from iPhone to HTC, and so far the best decision I have made!).

I have a question though, I am a Twitter freak but I am finding that a few of the apps I am using for Twitter are taking forever to update/refresh?

I have started using 'Plume' however this sometimes can take 60-90 seconds to refresh, or if I post it takes roughly the same time (over Wireless).

However on my iPhone I can refresh and post pretty quick, is it normally slow for Android? Anyone got any recommendations?

Advertisement

2. cluelezz

cluelezz Newbie

I use plume and it never takes that long. Maybe try Tweetcaster or Twidroyd.

3. Vietnam720

Vietnam720 Member

I use TweetDeck and even though the fastest they feed is 3mins, I often manually refresh to get the latest.

Don't think, to me, it's a critical defect. On days when I'm doing business tweets, I just make sure I have a laptop around to respond faster. For casual stuff, 3mins is ok :)

4. hvdwinden

hvdwinden Lurker

I also use plume, but updates or posts take only seconds. Just checked via 3G: took 5 seconds

5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

I've tried several, and my favorite is tweetcaster.

It does only do a 3 minute refresh. However, when you are using the app, you can hit the refrash button as often as you like.

6. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Member

I also use Plume..so many customization options, along with twitlonger

7. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Have you tried Seesmic? if not give that a shot. I have tried Twydroid, Tweetcaster, Official Twitter and another i cant think of at the moment and i have kept Seesmic as my primary and Official Twitter as my back up.
    I am running them on my EPIC.

8. lekky

lekky Lover

Twicca, I've used every twitter app available and none have beaten twicca. I'm also a big user of twitter >10,000 tweets so its good for the power user too

9. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

I also rate Twicca but i want a decent shout out for Tweetcaster as well! I'm using that at the mo.

10. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast