• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Twitter on Pixel 4, 5, 6

There are reports on Downdetector this morning that Twitter is not working on all three of these devices. I'm on a Pixel 4 with the August upgrade and this morning I added the September security upgrade. It started evening of September 7 when I opened my Twitter app and there was absolutely nothing in the timeline. I could not get any of the functions to work -- search, notifications, my account page, nothing. Same thing this morning after a restart. One of the people posting on Downdetector points the finger at the August update but mine only went haywire this month. Twitter is working fine on my laptop under Chrome. Let me know what else I can tell you.

It works fine from my Samsung though.

It seems very odd that there would be anything that depends on the phone model, but if there is then a bug in an update does seem the most plausible explanation. Though unless the Twitter app has some special tie-in with Google that they've not disclosed it also seems strange that just one app would be affected.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
There are reports on Downdetector this morning that Twitter is not working on all three of these devices. I'm on a Pixel 4 with the August upgrade and this morning I added the September security upgrade. It started evening of September 7 when I opened my Twitter app and there was absolutely nothing in the timeline. I could not get any of the functions to work -- search, notifications, my account page, nothing. Same thing this morning after a restart. One of the people posting on Downdetector points the finger at the August update but mine only went haywire this month. Twitter is working fine on my laptop under Chrome. Let me know what else I can tell you.

24 hours later and not only does it still not work, but I uninstalled, re-installed, and logged in with my password, and NOTHING WORKS NOW. I am using Android 14 but some people who reported on Downdetector are using Android 13 so it's not the 14 upgrade. What I don't know is how many of us are using Twitter over phone like Verizon/ATT/T-mobile instead of cable like Xfinity/cox/whatever.

Upvote 0

THE ANSWER: from the excellent Larry Matt York who posted on Downdetector:
1/ uninstall
2/ reinstall
3/ open and ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS.

Upvote 0
24 hours later and not only does it still not work, but I uninstalled, re-installed, and logged in with my password, and NOTHING WORKS NOW. I am using Android 14 but some people who reported on Downdetector are using Android 13 so it's not the 14 upgrade. What I don't know is how many of us are using Twitter over phone like Verizon/ATT/T-mobile instead of cable like Xfinity/cox/whatever.
I guess you mean android 13, as 14 won't be released until next Summer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones