1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Twitter??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EricDra7en, Jun 23, 2010.

1. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Guest

I've been using the Twitter widget that has the subtitle 'HTC' for a while now. Good looking widget, today it doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't display tweets and just stays blank when I try to refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

Second, I removed the widget and replaced it, hoping to jog it back on. I noticed I have it and also 2 Twitter widgets with subtitles 'Android (large)' and 'Android (small)'. How are these different than my 'HTC' one? I just want the official Twitter one, I don't need more than 1 Twitter app on my phone. Don't get me started on Peep. Can I delete whichever ones are not official? Thanks for reading all this...

Advertisement

2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Marketing Analyst/Web Developer/Social Media Analy
    Philadelphia
    Not sure about your Twitter not functioning issue. But if I understand your other question correctly, you may be seeing the 2 size options for the HTC/Twitter widget since there are more than one option.

Also, some widgets do have an Android version and a HTC version, annoying...I know

Maybe this helps?

3. i.bike.for.life

i.bike.for.life Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Female
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I posted about his same problem yesterday. I can not see any of my tweets either and I am using ( I think ) the Twitter widget (what else is there)?

4. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Guest

This is so weird. Worked one minute, then blank. I messed with mine a bit and I can see my "@/mentions" and my direct messages, just not the tweets. WTF?

Also, it looks like 2 of my widgets are "Android" and the one I'm using is "HTC". Makes no sense to me...

5. i.bike.for.life

i.bike.for.life Active Member

May 19, 2010
    Female
    Hillsborough, NJ
    So today I bit the bullet and deleted the twitter widget (by long pressing on the word twitter and then clicking on the remove button). Then, from the home screen I clicked the + sign and added the Twitter widget back to a blank screen. And, voila...Twitter was back to normal. Don't know why this happened...just happy I can keep track of everyone I'm following once again.:D

6. EricDra7en

EricDra7en Guest

UPDATE: The widget I'm using is linked to Peep, so apparently not the official Twitter widget. Anyway, I finally fixed the problem. I loaded Peep instead of just the Twitter (HTC) widget, then cleared the cache, and voila my widget now works, shows updates.