• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help twlauncher fix????

isababa12

Lurker
Jun 18, 2011
I recently got my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate about 2 weeks ago.

Everything's been running fine and I've been able to do some cool stuff.

Last night, I felt I should download a virus protection system, so I downloaded AVG as it's a trusted software, but it kind of effed up my phone.

It always pops up with the message

Sorry!

The com.sec.android.app.twlauncher process has stopped unexpectedly!

And then it asks me to force close, and I do that. Once that happens, it pops me back to the last thing I was using. It was the AVG security scan, after that I felt that if I restarted my phone, it'd fix it. I did that, and I came to my main menu screen being COMPLETELY empty, besides the 4 default apps and the my background image of IU.

I can make calls, I can search my contacts, I can text people, but the applications menu isn't working. When I open that, my phone asks me to force close the twlauncher.

So does anyone else know how to fix this? I've been trying to read for a thread the past hour. All the threads I've read so far do not give instructions on how to fix it, and I see useless replies such as "just Factory Data Reset". I can't even access my settings, so I don't know how I'm to do that. Another thread I found on google, the guy had the same problem, and others had the same problem. The guy had his phone fixed by a friend, but didn't give any help and just kept to himself.

So if there's a way to fix this, how?

Is there a way to access my phone hard drive so I can clear the cache and uninstall the AVG app? Is there a way I can get a Samsung droid emulator on my phone so I can work my phone through the computer?

Please, if there's anyway to fix this, tell me! I paid for a smartphone that's supposed to be computer-like phone, and now it's just a normal phone that can text and call.

There's apparently a problem with the AVG Anti-virus app. But just to clear questions I did not install the infamous clock applications.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

You should be able to do a factory reset by powering off the phone, holding down the up and down volume keys, then pressing the power/wake up button. You get basically a BIOS screen where you can reboot the system, clear the cache and do a factory reset. Use the volume keys to navigate in the list, and the home key is 'enter.'

I don't know if that factory reset differs from the "normal" one or not, but I'm pretty sure it'll do the trick. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones