• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TwLauncher not responding

chief46

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
I'm a newbie to Android phones and just got an AT&T Samsung Captivate last week. After installing

a new app, my launcher quit working. I'm not sure if the problem is related to the app I just

installed or an isolated problem with the launcher. I'm getting a dialog box that says, "Sorry!

Application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher (in process

com.android.app.twlauncher) is not responding.

Force close / Wait"

Can anyone please help?

Reactions: mobilesupport
I'm not sure which clock you're referring to. I only used the clock that came with the phone. We bought two phones at the same time, one for me and one for my wife. My wife uses the clock that comes pre-loaded on the phone and one other and has not experienced any problems. Can you be a bit more specific as to which clock you're referring to.

I took the phone back to the AT&T shop after I posted the message. They were kind enough to replace the phone with a brand new one. They put my original simm chip into the new phone. When I got home I tried working with the phone and experienced the same problem. Thus it's apparently not a problem with the phone itself, but a problem with corrupt software. I'll return to the AT&T store tomorrow and have them put in the new chip. That should solve the problem hopefully.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It Works on all galaxy phones
1. How to Hard-Reset the Samsung Galaxy

First method:

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
3. Tap Factory data reset
4. Tap Reset phone
5. Enter your password, then tap Yes to confirm

Second method:

1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Power and Home (bottom center) buttons.
3. When the "Samsung Galaxy " startup screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" o immediately click on dailpad and press *2767*3855#
5. Press the Home button to confirm.

Third method:

Dial this code from your phone *2767*3855#

Please note that Data will be lost for doing Hard/Factory Reset. If possible, create a backup before proceeding.

I used It it works 100%.

Reactions: odellbillings
Upvote 0
Friends I got the Solution. I was also using Galaxy mini and when I downloaded Dolphin HD Browser the problem came as yours..... I tried Searching it on Internet and just got a solution.
Follow the Below steps:

1. Try to back up contacts or anything else which is very much important.
2. Now turn off your phone.
3. After the phone is turned off, HOLD Menu Key+Power Key for some time until recovery screen appears.
4. Now using volume keys, Select wipe data/factory reset and press menu key for OK. [TOUCH SCREEN WILL NOT WORK IN RECOVERY MODE. USE VOLUME KEYS.]
5. Now reboot your device. It will Start and will Show the screen like when you take your NEW phone from store.
6. Don't enter E-mail ID you were using before instead create a new one on your PC. AND THAN enter new e-mail id....[IF YOU WILL ENTER THE PREVIOUS E-MAIL ID THAN THE PROBLEM MIGHT COME AGAIN.]

If any Question e-mail me at altaf.neva114@gmail.com

Upvote 0
It Works on all galaxy phones
1. How to Hard-Reset the Samsung Galaxy

First method:

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
3. Tap Factory data reset
4. Tap Reset phone
5. Enter your password, then tap Yes to confirm

Second method:

1. Turn the power off.
2. Hold down the Volume Up, Power and Home (bottom center) buttons.
3. When the "Samsung Galaxy " startup screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" o immediately click on dailpad and press *2767*3855#
5. Press the Home button to confirm.

Third method:

Dial this code from your phone *2767*3855#

Please note that Data will be lost for doing Hard/Factory Reset. If possible, create a backup before proceeding.

I used It it works 100%.

:hmmmm: What version of Firmware will doing this reset to? Will it be the latest I flashed to my phone via Kies or the original build version? or another version?

thanks Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones