1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Two Bars Shown but No Signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fencefry, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Fencefry

Fencefry Lurker

Hey all,

So just in the last few days, my phone has stopped receiving any kind of cell signal. Wifi is working fine, but I calls are just silent until I get a call failure message, and there's definitely no data. The funny thing here, though, is that it still shows that I have two bars. I've tried restarting, going in and out of airplane mode, and turning mobile network stuff on and off.

So, any advice? I'm rooted, but with no CWM, so I'd have to get that before I flash a radio or something. I'm familiar with android, I'm just new to this phone and its rooting/homebrew community.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. fofjjsr

fofjjsr Member

Have you tried doing a battery pull? Will it do a PRL or Profile update? Does anyone else that has Sprint that you know experiencing the same issues? If they are, or if they are not, your best bet would be to call Sprint tech support. It could be a tower issue. It also could be the phone, but if anything it is a Hardware issue which would mean you would need to contact Sprint anyhow. Good luck!

3. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

Would try updating the prl/profile like suggested. Also you could Odin a different modem without having to worry about cwm on your phone.

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Which modem would you suggest? I just started having the same issue as the OP.

5. rounsy222

That's a good question. Each phone and each area reacts differently. I personally have had really good luck with fc15 while others will say just about every other one out there. I know a few who say el29 is. Lol really its a matter of trial and error. Qbking77 has a thread on xda that has most if not all of them.

6. davis.rob

davis.rob Well-Known Member

I would second the recommendation for a battery pull. I've seen radio/network hardware get "stuck", and you need to just really power it down to fix it.

Rob

7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Currently using EL29

8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Then we're talking a battery pull several times a day and that shouldn't be necessary; maybe just every once in a while.

9. rounsy222

I was just pointing out that everyone has a different opinion what is best and a good friend of mine swears el29 works best for him and I had not so good luck with it. It just goesbto show ymmv. Worth trying any modems that are fc05 or newer IMHO.

ScandaLeX likes this.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews