• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two Dumb VM Questions

Hi All!

Two simple questions about VM:

1) Can you still buy phones online using your account balance? (I've heard that the option to use your account won't be available on the VM website unless have enough funds in your account to buy the phone). Also, how do they ship: UPS Ground, FedEx overnight, FedEx 2-day?

2) How does it work if you go from one plan to another? I'm currently on the $25/month plan (which is paid through 10/27). If I get a new phone I'd have to buy an additional card to pay for the difference (I get that). But when I activate the new phone would my existing payment for next month revert back to my balance and I'd top off from there?

Thanks!

Tuna

You might have to have them cancel your existing payment before you change plans. Don't add the additional money until you have successfully changed plans or you may have to spend some time on the customer service line trying to get payments reversed and all the changes cleared up.

Upvote 0
1) The last I heard, there are some phones that can be bought with money in your account and others that cannot be; this seems to be something Virgin Mobile is phasing out.

2) If you need to change plans when you buy a new phone, you will start a new month under the $35 plan as soon as you activate the new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones