• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two gmail calendars sync problem.

Raph1978

Jun 9, 2010
Hi,
I have 2 gmail accounts and I'm trying to sync their calendars. The first one that I entered during my first boot works great, but I realized that my private phone is synced with the other a/c. When I go to settings and enter the different a/c only one of them has Sync Calendar as an option while the other one only has sync contacts and Gmail. Any idea what shall I do to get the second one to sync the Calendar as well? :thinking: Thanks for your help.
Raf

Hi,
I have 2 gmail accounts and I'm trying to sync their calendars. The first one that I entered during my first boot works great, but I realized that my private phone is synced with the other a/c. When I go to settings and enter the different a/c only one of them has Sync Calendar as an option while the other one only has sync contacts and Gmail. Any idea what shall I do to get the second one to sync the Calendar as well? :thinking: Thanks for your help.
Raf

The calendar can only be synced using the account initially used to setup the phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
as has been said, the calendar can only be synced with one gmail account, and it's by default the one that the phone is registered to.

What a lot of people do is invite the one calendar to be a part of the "main" calendar, that way both entries show up. It's a lame fix, but unfortunately, for now, that's all there is.

you DO have the option of re-registering your phone to the other gmail account if you'd prefer to have that calendar---you can do so with a factory reset. I do however, believe, any apps you downloaded will no longer exist, since they belong to the other gmail acct.

Also, since when it "a/c" an abbreviation for "account"?? I thought you were talking about air conditioning at first :D

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna have to invite the other calendar and sync them in that way :)

TheSultan => The term a/c is used also in banking for accounts (or shall I say its used in the UK where I spent many years :) )
Also yes, when you do a hard reset, you do loose all the apps and its just a hassle to reinstall them as I did that once. Whatever the fix is, its good to me as long as it works :) .

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
thanks a lot for the info. I'm gonna have to invite the other calendar and sync them in that way :)

TheSultan => The term a/c is used also in banking for accounts (or shall I say its used in the UK where I spent many years :) )
Also yes, when you do a hard reset, you do loose all the apps and its just a hassle to reinstall them as I did that once. Whatever the fix is, its good to me as long as it works :) .

just bustin' on ya for the a/c thing brotha ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones