• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TWO Google Voice Accounts???

DroidJnkie

Android Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2009
In a galaxy far, far away
Ok, I'm not sure if this is possible, but. . . .

I have two google voice accounts. On the first one, I did not choose a Google number, I ported my Verizon number instead.

On the second one, I chose a Google number to get maximum benefits from it. . .

So, the question is, if I give my Google number to some people (business associates), and give my Verizon number to others (family, friends, etc.), can I still receive calls and texts to both numbers on the same phone??

If I call other people, which number will show up on their caller id display??

Please, I need help!! :eek:

Sorry, but I don't follow what you are saying. You ported your number? Google Voice doesn't support number porting Porting your number : Choosing your Number - Google Voice Help

As for having a Google Voice number forward to your cell phone AND using the carrier assigned wireless number, they both will work to ring the same phone. When you place a call to a friend the outgoing number will be set based on the Google Voice application. If you have to set to always use the Google Voice number, to prompt you every time, or to never use it...

Upvote 0
Sorry I wasn't very clear, it is a bit confusing.

When I activated my google voice account, I didn't accept a google-assigned number, I kept my verizon number.

When I activated my second google invite, I went ahead and accepted a google-assigned number.

So, if I make a phone call, it will show up as my google-assigned number? I didn't really understand the last part of your post. . .is there a setting I can use to always use my VERIZON number when making a call?

Or is there a login/logout feature on my phone that can make me choose which number I use when calling other people??

Upvote 0
So you have one Google Voice account that is just the voicemail using your Verizon number. You have a second Google Voice account that is the full-featured Google Voice service. You should be able to install the Google Voice app from the Market on your android device and log in to the second account (Google number one). When people call either number they should be able to ring your phone. When you are logged in to the Google Voice app there is a setting in it to decide when to place outgoing calls using the Google number.

Upvote 0
Here are two screenshots of the Settings menus in the Google Voice app

Attachments

• device1.png
    device1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 74
  • device2.png
    device2.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Why not just use the one google voice account with the number?

Like has been said you can simply always use your verizon number for outgoing calls.

Also I originally had my google voice account simply do the number forwarding too, but I noticed a month or so ago it gave me the option to get a number and switch to the other account. Don't think that help you unless you prefer one gmail account over the other.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones