1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

two handcent icons in notification bar?alri

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nymusdcxv, Dec 30, 2011.

1. nymusdcxv

nymusdcxv Lurker

Alright here's the problem whenever I get a text message I get two handcent icons in the notification bar. This is Not the problem people commonly have with the messaging service icon and the handcent icon.

One icon is whatever I change it to in settings in handcent, the other is a black envelope icon that won't dissapear even after the message has been read. Any help would be appreciated thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert

Can you take a screenshot and show us what you mean?

3. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

The black envelope almost sounds like an email.

4. nymusdcxv

nymusdcxv Lurker

Its not, its the exact same envelope as handcents envelope icon, and when I select it, it takes me to handcent so I know that's where its coming from. anyone have an earlier apk of handcent I could install to see if it changes anything?

5. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Android Expert

Once again, please take a screenshot to show us.

Thank you.

6. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast

Go into apps, wipe its data, then uninstall it. The one from the market should be 3.9.9.9.

7. nymusdcxv

nymusdcxv Lurker

tried uninstalling and reinstalling no success.
    I can't take a screenshot. I'm unable to root my droid, as I do not have an original data cable anymore to connect it to the computer. The app that takes screenshots without root still requires a cable to be used. Why do you need a screenshot to comprehend this? Two handcent icons in the notification bar when there should only be 1. The first one doesn't go away like the other does when I select it and read the messages. It only clears from the notification bar if I 'clear all'.

8. nymusdcxv

nymusdcxv Lurker

Nevermind,I found a simpler solution.I switched to gosmspro it's practically a mirror image of hanever with a few more features.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews