1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Two kind of silly questions please.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Renlaan, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Renlaan

Renlaan Newbie

First, when I bought my phone 2 months ago, the box says Samsung Galaxy 2S 4G. But now I find out its an Epic 4G Touch? (From emailing myself it says sent from my 4G Epic and this android patch it says my phone model. Is that kinda the same thing or what??

Second, is this new upgrade 4.0.4 any good? I mean if it's not is their a way to avoid it? I've been having bad luck with upgrades latley.

Thanks!
    R

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

first question is kinda of silly. Yes, its the same thing. to answer the second question no do not install ICS unless you want problems...

Renlaan likes this.
  3. Renlaan

Renlaan Newbie

LOL I knew it was but I get confused easily haha.
    So I'm assuming the ICS is the new Android update? If theirs issues with it then how do I get rid of the annoying popups?

4. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

its all good. Happens to all of us. lol Yes the new android update is 4.0.4. If you do download it be prepared for some changes... If you enjoy your good battery life don't update. If you do and your battery is draining quickly then you'll have to wipe your phone and make it just like it came from the factory. I got a new epic because my old one was causing me so many problems from ICS.

5. adaaaam

adaaaam Android Enthusiast

Your phone's official full name is Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch. Its also known as Epic 4G Touch, Epic Touch, E4GT & ET.

Secondly yes the new upgrade to 4.0.4 is very good, compared to 2.3.x. ICS is much speedier, capable of better utilizing both cores, has many, many, many more features like improved USB OTG for plugging in USB devices. It's Google's latest mobile operating system and its always important to keep up to date with the latest version regardless of platform, be it Windows or iOS, for improvements in security, functionality, and efficiency.

Definitely upgrade to 4.0.4 and perform a factory reset afterward (as you should after any rom flash or ota) or prepare to face battery life issues

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews