1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Two Message Icons in App Drawer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdeblaz, Sep 28, 2011.

1. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Android Enthusiast

Does anyone else have 2 message icons in the app drawer? They're both shortcuts to the Messages App... but one of them takes you to the "All Messages" tab, the other to Voicemail tab.

I believe one of them is supposed to say Voicemail - green icon - instead... like it used to.

mell0yell05 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. panther2469

panther2469 Android Enthusiast

Noticed the same on mine, one is supposed to be the green VM icon

mell0yell05 likes this.
  3. mell0yell05

mell0yell05 Lurker

I have the same problem on mine. I actually found that if you long press on the message icon that is supposed to be the voicemail one and drag it to one of the screens (adding it as a shortcut) it actually changes to the the green voicemail icon both on the screen and the icon in the app drawer. You do not need to keep the shortcut on the screen once this change takes effect. Without the shortcut to the screen it is only temporary though, it looks like it might last longer if you keep the shortcut.

Wickiup likes this.
  4. Bulldog1970

Bulldog1970 Newbie

Just followed your advice and same thing, it instantly morphed into a voicemail icon. Odd!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews