1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Two new programs that transformed my droid and my comments & ?s

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dab290, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Barbara

Barbara Android Expert

I have orange for sms (but green is a choice) I use Handcent
    I have magenta for email (I don't have a choice) I use K9 mail

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SCdroid

SCdroid Newbie

I can't use Handcent because of 2 major bugs (which the stock app does)

1. Facebook contacts. I have all of my conacts synced with their facebook pics. Stock app has them, Handcent will only load them randomly (like 1 out of 50 contacts have it)

2. In landscape mode, when i'm typing a text the words dont show up until i exit the app then go back into it.

I went to the developers forums and told them, but no feedback.

3. SCdroid

SCdroid Newbie

Use an app called 'Missed Call for android 2.0' to customize all LED colors for calls, sms and email

4. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

I was getting the same issue with landscape mode, and I believe it corrected itself once I told Handcent to not fade the background, or some similar setting(I just know it had to do with fading.)

5. SCdroid

SCdroid Newbie

hmmm can't find any 'fade' option

6. Gunner

Gunner Android Enthusiast

Had already seen that part of the bar, but, all the info is not there, only ringer, wifi, and default battery status icons are there. Cell signal & 3G status do not show up. Also wish all the live notifications would show up - mail, sms, batt. meter, etc.

7. dab290

dab290 Lurker

I'm right with you on this. If they can find a way to actively change those notifications, i'll be 100% sold on this.

8. gbaird

gbaird Newbie

I installed Home++ yesterday and it's been great. I use K-9 Mail, so I get a green flash for SMS and red flash for email. It's perfect.

9. MeSoDriod

MeSoDriod Lurker

Installed Handcent..nice app..but how do you disable notifications or delete default droid app? any opinions?

10. tsaunders

tsaunders Android Enthusiast

Go to the default app --> settings --> notifications --> turn it off.

I don't believe you can delete the default sms app.

11. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

I can't find home++ in the market. The link on intuitit's site doesn't work, nor does scanning the code, and searching the market for his name only shows two widgets, not the home++ app.

12. craighwk

craighwk Android Enthusiast

13. curtdragon

curtdragon Newbie

This happened to me a couple of times with the native app

Anyone using font packs for Handcent?

14. baddriver

baddriver Well-Known Member

only works for android 1.6+, you probably have 1.5 :(

15. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

16. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

I have a Moto Droid, 2.0.

17. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

Regarding handcent messenger, I had mixed feelings. The interface and customizability is top notch, but I seemed to experience a bit of lag when using the app. Because of this lag, I uninstalled handcent after a week. I look forward to giving handcent another shot after the ota update later this week.

18. Jon Nale

Jon Nale Android Enthusiast

I just installed Home++, and I like it a lot (better than PandaHome).

My only question is this:
    Home++ puts that little bar on the very bottom of your screen. There is an icon that looks like a group of people. By default, this button takes me to the "Favorites" tab in the contact application. Is there any way to set this so that it goes directly to the "Contacts" tab (not the "Favorites" tab)?

19. n0m0n

n0m0n Well-Known Member

Do you find Home++ slower?
    I installed it with GDE and GDE seems to move more fluidly than Home++.
    Maye there is a setting I need to set to allow it to move from one screen to the next (flick) smoother?

20. zandroid

zandroid Android Enthusiast

I hope soon...

however, I asked the dev if he will be adding the option to put SMS, email, facebook etc in the dock and he said "in the future" which is awesome. I will certainly donate as soon as I can customize a bit more.

21. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

When i moved to home ++ i was amazed, its like the default home app on steroids, great functionality and just works great.I closed all the widgets in the default home app i had running and i do notice a difference in speed. I was able to do everything i wanted except one thing, move folders over. I had made one touch nav directions in a folder on my default home desktop and i cannot figure out how to move that folder over to the home ++ desktop, any help would be appreciated..

22. craighwk

craighwk Android Enthusiast

I don't believe there's any way to do this. Each "home" space has its own group of settings, so anything you create on one, you have to re-create on the other.

Perhaps there's a way to do it from the SD card, but heck if I know how.

23. zandroid

zandroid Android Enthusiast

I switched to Home++ last night around 11PM, so today was my first full day using it. I haven't done much on the phone today, besides texting and checking emails, a few phone calls, and a quick youtube video, but I am down to the last few percentages left on my battery. Could it be Home++?

24. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member

I will be honest, i noticed my battery chugging down a bit to because i also dled it last night around that time. But i also dled a program called lookout which backs up, scans for viruses, and finds your phones current location. I know its the lookout program sucking up battery because if you look under the battery life tool, it will show you. Normal use today, lookout used 48 percent of battery, and home++ used 2 percent.

25. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

assuming you cant uninstall the home app...The most stringent test would be to take the same phone with the same apps and let its battery run all the way down in the case of:
    Home++ vs default home app; widgets only installed in home++
    Home++ vs default home app; widgets only installed in default

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews