1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Two Phones and One Outlook - Syncing...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BaronessB, Aug 25, 2011.

1. BaronessB

BaronessB Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Hubby and I have purchased two HTC Wildfire S's. Love them. We share one e-mail account. This is a POP account. I would like to receive email on both phones AND have them go to my home computer as well where we use outlook. If I delete off phone, I still want all original email going to Outlook. I have "save copy on server" checked, and "remove from server when deleted" is Unchecked. But when I receive email on phone and delete it from phone, it is not going to my home computer at all. What setting am I missing? :thinking: Thank you for any suggestions. B.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    *moved to HTC Wildfire S forum*

3. galesjam

galesjam Newbie

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    BaronessB likes this.
  4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I too have a pop account and the option I have set (or should that be un-set ... ? ) is 'Sync deleted items from server' - not checked. That way you can read/reply/delete something on the phone but the original mail is still on the server. Depending on your email app this may have different wording .....

I also have 'always bcc me' set. That way when I get back to Outlook I can just drag that email to me 'Sent Items' folder.

For those that say 'you have to use imap' etc etc. Why? If a pop account serves its purpose then no reason to go imap. I can see that if you use the phone a lot for business then imap would be ideal, almost mandatory. But for those of us that only send a few emails from the phone, but like to check what had arrived, then pop is fine.

Dave