• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two problems as of late.

Never!?

Jun 18, 2010
Minnesota
1) Notification LED isnt or rarely flashes anymore. I hate turning it on and such to find Ive missed a text or call from the GF or a friend wanting to do something.

2) Youtube buffers 1/4 of the way everytime then stops or errors out. Happens when I use the widget or M.Youtube.com. This makes me look bad when I race a friend using a Iphone 3 and constantly loads the videos before me.

Notification LED thing.... I get that intermittently as well. It's hit or miss... I make it habit to check my phone every hour or so. If I'm expecting something I check every 10 - 30 minutes, but that's just me. Get's annoying.

The youtube thing.... youtube in general sucks on Android. I had issues with my Moment, the Hero didn't even play them until to 2.1, my freind's Droid has issues with buffering... I've got nothing positive to say about it other than it allows me to get a taste of what I want to watch. Usually gives me an idea of what I want to watch at home if I actually decide to do so.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issues with the notifications.
Also, I notice the same thing with my co-workers iphonys.
They can load up YouTube videos almost instantly, while my phone buffers after three seconds....and then buffers again twenty seconds later, and then again .

Very frustrating.

The biggest gripe that i have is that when running speed testing, I might get a jolt of fast 4G speed ( like 5 minutes worth ) that is twice as fast as their speeds, but the rest of the time, I'm either not getting signal, or extremely weak signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones