• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root two problems

I'm rooted running chevy's simply stunning 4.9

I've noticed some of my apps I have installed doesn't show as installed on the market. So I wasn't receiving updates for it. I click on the app and click install and it reinstalls onto my phone with no issues. However my youtube app doesn't fare as well. It downloads but install is always unsuccessful.
Should I just let it be or is there a fix?

Second problem is with my speaker.
I've got the gba emulator and occasionally play some pokemon fire red. This phone I currently have is a refurb replacement. My first had a bad headphone jack. I was able to play on my first one with volume on full blast without it being all raspy, unfortunately my replacement one I currently have cannot do it past half volume.
Is there something wrong with the phones hardware?

Thanks guys

waldo, indeed may be a problem, although first i would check the headphone them self's , plug em in something else, wiggle the plug slightly see what the sound is doing, then you may have a better idea

waldo, the sound should be distorsion free thru the whole range, so something is up, weather is the headphones, the wire or plug or the phone....play and experement a little more, tyry to narrow down

repair7

Upvote 0
maybe the speaker is bad...

about the apps, if the app was originally a market app, but SS has them as a stock app the market will not show you as having the app downloaded...ie...You Tube, Pandora and what not. I would suggest going into your download list, it will show the ones that you have downloaded and which ones are on your phone....if you use the one your phone, but the market doesnt say you downloaded it...go ahead and download it then you can get updates. This does not replace any data you have on the app btw..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones