1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Two questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alweiss, Jan 4, 2014.

1. alweiss

alweiss Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2014
    I have just gotten a Lenovo Yoga 10. Since I'm new to the Android family, I've got some questions...

1 - My home screen has 4 pages. I can move icons around on a page but I can't seem to move them from one page to another. What am I missing?

2 - Can I create folders such as Maps, Games, Utilities, etc. on my home screens and then move apps into them?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your thread from Android Lounge to the forum for discussing tablets that don't have a dedicated forum.

... Thom

3. PaulS

PaulS Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2013
    Male
    If your home pages are full you can't move the shortcuts.They need an open space to go to.

As for making folders and as you are new the Samsung Launcher is limited.Try the one I use called,"Holo Launcher",

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobint.hololauncher

You can drag and drop shortcuts on top of each other and or to the bottom,"Dock" area.This means you can have all your apps available from one,"Home Screen" :)

The Dock in Holo Launcher is swipeable as well so I have multiple Shortcuts stacked on it for even more easily and quick access.

HTH :)

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. I just looked up the spec's on that device and it looks pretty sweet. I am going to assume it came with Android 4.2. You can check by going to settings>about and it should tell you which version of Android is installed.

Touch and hold the icon and then drag it to the edge of the screen and hold it there until the screen changes to the next page. It should flip after a second or two.

To create a folder for games let's say. we'll start with two icons, we'll call them game1 and game2. Touch and hold game2 until you can move it and drop it right on the game1 icon. It will create a floder with those two icons in it. Now put game3 icon on your home screen and drag that over the folder with game1 and game2.

If those don't work, you might have an odd launcher from Lenovo. You could try and figure out theirs or go with a replacement launcher like Apex or Nova.

5. roadkill42

roadkill42 Android Expert
    None

Jan 22, 2013
    Male
    kinda jack of trades
    jonesbough tn
    u can also get adw I like it:)

6. alanj

alanj Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2014
    Male
    retired
    Manchester UK
    Can any of you help me please. I downloaded a user file from Lenovo for my yoga 8 it's a PDF file & the machine as no way to open the file. There machine, there download, And I can't open it don't figure doors it. Please help I'm not very good with these thinks I'm 64 & just trying to keep up with the Grandchildren

7. PaulS

PaulS Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2013
    Male