• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two Questions/Issues. Need Help.

SLR 722

Jul 16, 2010
I have two questions/issues regarding the Droid X.

1) How do you save a ringtone that has been attached to a text message? I downloaded a few ringtones from Phonezoo and received text messages with attachments. I cannot seem to figure it out.

2) This might seem like an odd question/issue and I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this. From the lock screen I was about to turn off my phone. It took a bit longer to turn off and the screen faded then turned black (had set Screen Timeout to 15 seconds). Since the screen turned black and there was no "Droid" sound, I decided to press the hardware Home button. The screen came back on. However, instead of the "Droid" sound playing when turning the phone off/on, a completely different sound started playing, then the phone turned off :thinking:. I had no idea what I had just done. Now, whenever I turn my phone on and off, the different sound plays, instead of the "Droid" sound. I would really like to know how to change back to the "Droid" sound when turning my phone on/off.

So, if anyone can help me with these two issues, I would appreciate it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones