• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two quick droid questions

quixand

Oct 6, 2009
1. Have you figured out how to turn specifically the Gmail sound notifications off? I don't need my phone yelling DROID everytime I get an email. Txt's, yes.
Email I can check up on my own time.

2. I copied over some video files using the mounted device on my pc. So how do I get to them to watch em? No internal video player outside youtube? Recommendations?

1. Have you figured out how to turn specifically the Gmail sound notifications off? I don't need my phone yelling DROID everytime I get an email. Txt's, yes.
Email I can check up on my own time.

2. I copied over some video files using the mounted device on my pc. So how do I get to them to watch em? No internal video player outside youtube? Recommendations?

1. When in Gmail hit the menu button, then settings and then under Notification Messages is the area to mess with the ringtone.

Sorry, I don't know about the second question.

Upvote 0
1. When in Gmail hit the menu button, then settings and then under Notification Messages is the area to mess with the ringtone.

Sorry, I don't know about the second question.

Thank you. Got the video to recognize. Only trouble is, it will only play the audio. No video. File is an M4V extension.

Anyone have thoughts on that?

BTW, I downloaded an app called "Video Player 1.00"

So...maybe the reason?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones