• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two quick questions about the Eris

GrdLock

Android Enthusiast
Nov 25, 2009
Texas
1) When I hit the phone button and start to type someone's name, it will bring up their mobile number. Now let's say I have their home number programmed as well. I'll see:

Jen:
< 555-555-5555 >

It shows those arrows on either side of the number so I know there's more than one number programmed, but how do I tell it to dial the home number instead of the cell? If I just press it, it'll automatically dial the cell. In order to dial their home number I have to go into People, find their contact, click it, then go to Call Home. Isn't there a way to select which number when I'm using the keypad to dial?

2) Is there a way to change the default calling screen for someone who doesn't have a picture programmed? Sure the little green android is cute and all, but can I change that default image? I looked for the image file in the file system but couldn't find it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones