1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

two quick questions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by benwaynet, Dec 26, 2011.

1. benwaynet

benwaynet Lurker
    None

May 27, 2010
    I want to move from my iphone 3gs to an android. The $300 price tag for most new androids is killing me.
    So I've been looking for deals and lower cost and found wirefly. When you search for wirefly online you find ALOT of unhappy post and reports.
    I thought I'd come here and ask because I think this is a more techie group that would be able to give a better answer.

Second question, how many of you get the extra warranty, from verizon or wirefly?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Yeah...if you're looking at the $300 ones, you must be looking at Verizon. If you have a 3GS, does that mean you're switching from AT&T to Verizon? Doesn't AT&T have some cheaper LTE enabled Androids (The Galaxy S2)?

If you don't trust Wirefly (I've heard mixed results myself), try shopping through Amazon. They have nearly identical deals.

Extra warranty or insurance? I wouldn't bother with extra warranty. But I would get insurance. And get it from Verizon. Verizon will have you pay a deductible, but a new phone will be sent to you directly, overnight. Wirefly may not do that.

3. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    wirefly or amazon.. they all the same... you get a better price online.. and sometimes you get unlucky with a bad device. you still get warranty through the carrier.

of course when you add 1 more layer between carrier and you... you just add more possibility of issues. and if you search online you will hear more negatives, because they have a reason to express their dislike.

Read the Return POLICY from the online seller!!!! they add their OWN cancellation clause!! with their OWN $$$ on top of the carriers $$$.

4. benwaynet

benwaynet Lurker
    None

May 27, 2010
    I have both ATT and Verizon one for me and one for wife, both under my name for discount.
    Verizon has 4G in my area, ATT doesn't even have their HSPA+ and I've had spotting reception with ATT no matter where I've gone so I'm leaning toward verizon for both lines.

Amazon doesn't have the ability to go from a single line to a family plan, so I can't use them to switch.

I guess I was asking about the extra insurance (dropped,stolen,broke after manufactures warranty) I don't think verizon offers insurance if you don't purchase though them :(

I was thinking a Rezound for me and a Bonic for my wife.

Thanks for the feedback.