• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Two similar number for a contact - only one appears!

I didn't notice any similar messages, so I hope I'm not duplicating someone else's question on my first post. Anyway - I've have the Moto Droid since the day it came out, and have loved it so far - with one exception.

Because of some previous business contacts who have decided in the past that my mobile number is an express IT support line to reach me when I'm not in the office, my caller ID is blocked when I make outgoing calls.

I also have friends who I've programmed the *82 into their contacts so my number will show up when I call them. I learned the hard way, I also needed to have their mobile number listed without the *82 for occasional texting. So, here's an example of what a contact might look like in my Google contacts I'm syncing with:

Home: *82-330-555-2020
Mobile: 330-555-1515
Other: *82-330-555-1515

The problem is, I can only get the Droid to show the first two number. I *can* manually key in the *82-330-555-1515, but I shouldn't need to do this.

Other than removing the caller ID blocking, does anyone have any ideas how to get the Droid to show the third number?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones