1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Two things I need help configuring

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonoo, May 21, 2011.

1. Jonoo

Jonoo Lurker

Hi all,
    Just got my Driod Charge a few days ago and am having a blast. However, there are two things that are causing me problems that I can't figure out how to configure.

1. I want my lock screen to display longer than a few seconds before going back to blank. I have widget locker and I want to see the weather, calendar, etc. for longer before it goes blank.
    2. I am having a really hard time using the keypad on my phone while I am making a call. Whenever I pull it away from my ear to type in a number on one of those automated answering services the screen lights up for a second and then goes blank. Can I just make it stay lit up so I can type without it going blank? Never had this problem with my iPhone.
    Thanks for your help!
    Jon

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

First thing to check is screen time-out settings in Settings>Display...

Also, there is a proximity sensor on these phones, most of them have it at the top front of the phone where the side of your head will be when it's against your ear...make sure you aren't accidentally covering the proximity sensor w/your fingers when you remove the phone from your ear.

3. Jonoo

Jonoo Lurker

Thanks Red,
    You helped me with my second problem. If I hold my phone at the very bottom I can type without it turning off.
    For the first problem, I can adjust the screen timeout but it does not affect the lock screen. I have it set to 2 minutes but the lock screen times out in a few seconds.
    If anyone knows how to set the timeout for the lock screen please let me know.
    Jon

4. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

If you've set the lock timer that should do it...have you tried changing the setting to another value and then back again to see if that helps?

Also, on the other issue, you should be able to hold the phone normally and not have the screen turn off...I don't own one, but played w/one in the store for about 35 minutes, typing, calling, browsing, etc., and the screen never turned off on me...may be something odd there w/your phone.

Good luck.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews